[#6372] Profile Image & GIF Questions

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296702 by ssvt
How can I remove the thumbnail profile image that appears in the CB Login module?

I'm using substitution to pull that image into a custom module and don't need the duplication.

Also, I can't seem to get animated gifs to work. Imagemagick is installed on the hosting service and it is available as a choice in the CB Configuration. I've got it selected and have tried with and without resampling but no animation. Any ideas about that?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296716 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Image & GIF Questions

How can I remove the thumbnail profile image that appears in the CB Login module?

Edit your login module in Extensions > Modules and turn off the avatar display under Logout Options.

Also, I can't seem to get animated gifs to work. Imagemagick is installed on the hosting service and it is available as a choice in the CB Configuration. I've got it selected and have tried with and without resampling but no animation. Any ideas about that?

You are probably using client side resizing, which can not do animations at this time. You can disable client side resizing by editing the avatar field within CB > Field Management then under Parameters > Image Limits set "Allow Client Resize" to "Disable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296723 by ssvt
Replied by ssvt on topic Profile Image & GIF Questions

ssvt wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the response (and I guess I wasn't clear) but I was talking about animated gifs elsewhere on the site, like in posts/Activity.

Thanks!

6 years 8 months ago #296728 by krileon

Thanks for the response (and I guess I wasn't clear) but I was talking about animated gifs elsewhere on the site, like in posts/Activity.

It's entirely based off where you're uploading things. Client side resizing can not process animation images. CB Gallery and Image fields both have client side resizing, which you have to turn off if you want to allow for animation images. I've added a feature ticket to skip client side resizing in a future release if a animated image is supplied and imagemagick is available. If you're uploading on your activity stream it's CB Gallery doing the uploading.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssvt

6 years 8 months ago #296736 by ssvt
Replied by ssvt on topic Profile Image & GIF Questions
That would be a great feature to add. Thanks!

6 years 8 months ago #296775 by krileon
Bug ticket already exists for this in CB and have added a feature ticket for this for CB Gallery.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6372
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6744

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn