CB Activity - recent activity order, notifications

6 years 6 months ago #297887 by robster80
Hello, I have a problem with activity order in recent activity plugin. With no notification system, if somebody will comment or like an activity nobody will know about it.
If there could be more order options for activities it would be great. I mean order for "main" activities not those like comments, likes etc.
What I want to accomplish is that main activities (posts) which are commented, liked (etc.) as recent will be at the top of the "wall" (recent activity with some info who reacted last and what he did - commented, liked, shared... and maybe some counter of sum of reactions - and this sum could be a parameter for another optional order setting - higher sum of reactions - higher on the wall).
So, my idea is to add order optional setting for main activities where date of publication or date of last reaction on those activities will be used for ordering them. Then interesting activities will be on the top until something new or more interesting will appear.
Second idea is a module with notification about all last reactions (no posts but only comments, likes etc or as options to specify by administrator). There is no connections between my users, they all together are one social network, in this case all notifications should be global - this should be customizable option as well.

If all this is possible already I will be grateful if will you help me to configure CB to work this way. If not, please consider to add those as feature requests.

I tried to use CB auto actions, but I'm just too dumb to use it with documentation that you provide :(
I tried to modify "CB Activity - Comment" action with no good results. When I published this action, comment rised up commented activity to the top of the recent activity wall - so it did something that I wanted, but this make additional activity which also is publicized (and look strange, because there is no info about with which main activity it is realted to, no link etc). More comments - the worse it looks, (Iook at the screenshot). So I turned this auto action off, as most of them.

I already know that you have specific philosophy at developing CB ;) and maybe you will answer me, that I'm "trying to make a plugin be something it is not" ;) and maybe you will be right, but hey! I have another brilliant idea - maybe you should make an additional plugin named CB Wall and you will put there similar features as FB Wall ;) but I think that CB Activity already have most of those features and it should evolve further in this direction.

best greetings, r.

P.S. Thank you again for integrating CB Gallery with CB Activity, good move :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297893 by krileon
There won't be ordering parameters, but eventually there will be some sorting (e.g. most comments, most likes, recent, oldest, etc..) and filtering (e.g. filter to connections posts only or posts from XYZ asset only, etc..) usages, but those won't be anytime soon. You can also already log notifications using the below activity asset as CB Activity has its first pass of notifications API, but it is incomplete.

notification.USER_ID.TYPE

So if I want to log a notification to user id 42 for a comment I'd have something like the below.

notification.42.comment.COMMENT_ID

The above usage will have migration once I've implemented the newer notification API. Below is the above asset usage in an auto action.

Global
Triggers: activity_onBeforeCreateStreamComment
Type: Activity
User: User
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var2_user_id] Is Not Empty
2: [user_id] Not Equal To [var2_user_id]
Action
Mode: Activity
Method: Create
Asset: notification.[var2_user_id].comment.[var3_id]
Owner: [user_id]

That for example should log a notification to the source object owner when someone comments on a source object. In this case it should notify them of comments on their activity or their gallery entries. Maybe also work for article comments, but not sure.

Again, this API is incomplete. I will be rewriting the notifications API and separating notification activity into its own database table with a later release to better improve the usability (and get rid of needing to add notification.USER_ID prefix).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robster80

6 years 6 months ago #297906 by robster80
I don't know how ;) but it seems to work! Many thanks!
I look forward for future improvements.
CB Auto Action seems to be powerful tool, you should consider to make proper/better documentation for it.
greets,r.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn