[#6832] Userlist - Advanced Search not working

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298507 by StormIT
Hi,

After upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3.8 and using latest CB version 2.1.3+build.2017.09.13.16.14.19.ba9d1f686 the Userlist Advanced Search is not working.

The 'Is one of' and 'Is not one of' functionality returns 0 results.

To test the site I will need to PM logins.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist - Advanced Search not working
Joomla 1.5 to 3.x is a big jump. That means CB 1.x to CB 2.x as well. You'll need to go through your entire install to recheck settings to ensure everything is configured properly. Be sure to run all the database check tools in CB > Tools as well as in Extensions > Manage > Database to ensure CB and Joomla databases are up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298553 by StormIT
Replied by StormIT on topic Userlist - Advanced Search not working
Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked and compared all settings - all good.

Running the DB tools I got a few warning regarding plugins that I'm no longer using and have nothing to do with the search functionality.

Core DB is OK and all users synced.

Idea?

Thanks

6 years 6 months ago #298564 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retest to see if there is any errors. If none scroll to the bottom of the page and find a query that starts with something like the following.

SELECT DISTINCT ue.*, u.*, '' AS 'NA' 
  FROM jos_users u
 JOIN jos_user_usergroup_map g 
  ON g.`user_id` = u.`id`
 JOIN jos_comprofiler ue 
  ON ue.`id` = u.`id`

That'll be your userlists query for your users. You can test that against your database directly using phpmyadmin or just provide it here so I can review potential issues with the queries construction.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298596 by StormIT
Replied by StormIT on topic Userlist - Advanced Search not working
Hi

Thanks for your helpful reply.

So when I choose 'Is on of' and the select multiple choices (the last choice is called 'Authorised Fellowship Member' (see attached), the query is breaking it into 3 different words. Here's the query I get :
SELECT DISTINCT ue.*, u.*, '' AS 'NA' 
  FROM adf1t_users u
 JOIN adf1t_user_usergroup_map g 
  ON g.`user_id` = u.`id`
 JOIN adf1t_comprofiler ue 
  ON ue.`id` = u.`id`

WHERE u.block = 0

AND ue.approved = 1

AND ue.confirmed = 1

AND g.group_id IN  (2, 21, 17, 18) 

AND ((ue.`cb_rank2` = 'Authorised') OR (ue.`cb_rank2` = 'Fellowship') OR (ue.`cb_rank2` = 'Member'))  
  AND ( `cb_group` = 'Jobseeker' ) 

ORDER BY `firstname` ASC 
  LIMIT 0, 20

Ideas?
Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #298610 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue. Seams to be incorrectly splitting the value for usage in the search criteria. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6832

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn