Getting articles to post to activity wall

6 years 6 months ago #298508 by scal0005
Hello,

I'm trying to use the activity stream as a 'home page' where users are able to see recent activity on the site. I want to have activities like new Joomla article posts show up. I don't really understand the process getting this to happen.

Here are two examples: I am publishing articles daily and want users to see them in the activity stream and to see comments on the articles show up too

Second, I want users to have their blog posts (and blog comments), show up in the activity stream too. I've moved to using EasyBlog because users preferred the layout and ease of posting....so this is the preferred 'editor' for blogs.....but I could change back to CB Blogs if absolutely necessary.

I've looked at auto actions but don't understand it well enough to make it work, and can't find the level of documentation that I need.

Can you help by describing a simple workflow to make this happen and could you also direct me to the resources to learn more about the activity and auto actions plugins?

Thanks again,

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebeccaWool

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298518 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Getting articles to post to activity wall

I'm trying to use the activity stream as a 'home page' where users are able to see recent activity on the site.

Create a Joomla menu item with the menutype set to Community Builder > Plugin then in the Plugin dropdown select CB Activity.

I want to have activities like new Joomla article posts show up. I don't really understand the process getting this to happen.

There is no activity for Joomla articles. You'll have to use CB Auto Actions and log activity for that. The latest CB Auto Actions release can now function with Joomla events when you prefix the trigger with joomla_ (this is explained in the Triggers parameter description). See the below Joomla documentation for Joomla events.

docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events

You'll likely need to use onContentAfterSave so your trigger would be joomla_onContentAfterSave. You will likely need to use the below condition to ensure you're acting on article save only.

[var1] Equal To com_content.article

Use existing activity system action as examples on how to structure the activity params.

Second, I want users to have their blog posts (and blog comments), show up in the activity stream too. I've moved to using EasyBlog because users preferred the layout and ease of posting....so this is the preferred 'editor' for blogs.....but I could change back to CB Blogs if absolutely necessary.

I can't help you here as I am not the creator of EasyBlog nor do I know what events are available in EasyBlog.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn