[#6884] SQL QUERY rendering

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299385 by nicolasfink
[#6884] SQL QUERY rendering was created by nicolasfink
Hi,

I am experimenting with the Plugin CB Query Field and am having quite some fun with it.

My SQL query delivers the value of my field cb_poulenc_chansonaboire_e correctly, which in the present case is _UE_TENOR1a - I display it on the front-end through [column_cb_poulenc_chansonaboire_e] - I attached two screenshots, back-end and front-end

_UE_TENOR1a is also a language string (is that the correct term?) and usually gets displayed as "Tenor 1 (divisi ) (see screenshot, the field below)

What is the correct syntax to have this displayed correctly (->"translated") in my query result?

I hope you understand what I would like to achieve ...

Thanks for your time!

N
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299398 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SQL QUERY rendering
Individual columns are not translated before being substituted in, but this would be a great addition. Have added a feature ticket to implement this and a build with this implemented should be out in a few minutes.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6884

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 months ago #299452 by nicolasfink
Replied by nicolasfink on topic SQL QUERY rendering
Ok, thanks!

6 years 4 months ago #299471 by nicolasfink
Replied by nicolasfink on topic SQL QUERY rendering
Actually, that might be a bad idea ... The output will be compromised by this, won't it? If translations are run first, the output will not work anymore in multi-lingual websites. In order to display the translated field, I can simply use the plugin [cb:userfield field="cb_poulenc_chansonaboire_e" /]

You see my point?

6 years 4 months ago #299553 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SQL QUERY rendering
You're returning the language key, which will be sent through translations on display. No, there won't be any issues with this usage regarding multilingual sites. Yes, you could just substitute in the field normally if you want with [cb:userfield field="cb_poulenc_chansonaboire_e" /], but the column values being passed through translations was still a good idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn