Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large

3 years 5 months ago #321133 by krileon

I am wondering if the error would of happened immediately upon opening the site?

You'd see the issue same as you did before when trying to update a profile. If you don't see the issue now then they've fixed their configuration problem and you moving your database back rebuilt its storage allowing it to use the new defaults.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321137 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's been so long I could not remember if the error happened while building the fields and I hit the limit or..?

I don't think it was a frontend user issue. I was pretty sure it was when I added some of the last of the many, many fields it broke.

Does that sound right? I need to know if I should test this more before switching back.

3 years 5 months ago #321140 by krileon
I don't know. Your first post indicates you got the error while trying to save a profile. If you believe it was from trying to create a field, which is where this error usually happens, then test that as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321142 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large
Sorry, I see that now. I'll fill all the fields in and see. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn