Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large

6 years 4 months ago #299675 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large

ROW_FORMAT in your screenshot should be set to DYNAMIC. If it's not available then InnoDB with may not be configured with innodb_large_prefix and you'll need to contact your host if unsure how to configure that.

The SiteGround is shared so they can't change the DB to innodb_large_prefix

That's quite a lot of fields. Each field with storage (e.g. Custom HTML fields do not count) adds a column to _comprofiler so depending on the type of the field you may hit limits. With a properly configured InnoDB we estimate the limit to be 1000 fields, but that is dependent on a lot of factors (fieldtypes, if the field even has storage, etc..).

Well there are about 64 checkbox fields and 64 text editor area fields and a handful of custom html fields. Are you saying this is not going to work or I need different hosting to make it work?

Will 100+ users all filling in some of the checkboxes and some of the text area fields have some bearing on this too? Or is it just simply the amount of fields not the amount of users filling them in?

This is quite concerning at this point in my setup.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299678 by Spiralmind
Please let me know if I am going to be able to use this and if so what server settings I will need to find to make this work? SiteGround cannot change the InnoDB to dynamic. They changed it to Myisam and dynamic but I still get the error.

Surely there is some way to figure this out? I'll remain hopeful for now.

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299684 by Spiralmind
I think we are going to get a VPS hosting account for our site. I don't want limitations that may cause problems.

Do you feel confident that a good VPS can accommodate this better and have 200 fields if the database is configured correctly? I found a good hosting company that will help set this how we need it.

Thank you for all your help with everything. It's been very good working with you and your extensions. One of the best I have used.

6 years 4 months ago #299693 by krileon
It sounds like InnoDB was configured to be extremely conservative, which is expected if using a budget hosting package as Siteground is a pretty decent host, but they do have budget packages. See if they can configure the following for InnoDB but probably won't for budget packages as it uses larger disk space.

innodb_file_per_table=1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda

That should reduce the table pointer size significantly and should at least allow ROW_FORMAT to be set to COMPRESSED.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299695 by Spiralmind
Hello, we are moving to a VPS that can be configured as we like. I'll try it like it comes by default and see if there are any problems but do you have any specific recommendations for the setup?

Should I tell them to start with this first?

InnoDB with innodb_large_prefix and ROW_FORMAT set to DYNAMIC

or go with this too?

innodb_file_per_table=1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda

6 years 4 months ago #299698 by Spiralmind
I just purchased the new VPS and would like to send the support team the configuration request. I get 2 hour of free configuration time on the new account.

What can you tell me to tell them for the site, database, etc?

Much appreciated, as always!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn