Gallery Upload Message

6 years 4 months ago #299971 by Spiralmind
Gallery Upload Message was created by Spiralmind
Hello, when I upload something in a gallery, then save it and click done it says all changes will be lost. Shouldn't this only trigger if I did not save my changes. I can click save over and over and still get this message. The old people will be panicking. LOL

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299979 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery Upload Message
It only asks for confirmation if a change was made to title, description, or album. It does not toggle back to non-confirmation button if you saved an entry. All of our edit/new pages have a confirmation like that when exiting. There are no plans to change it any further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299983 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Gallery Upload Message
Hello, I'm sorry I don't think I understand what you are saying. This message indicates something is not saved which is highly confusing. This is going to generate negative feedback for my client. I guarantee it. I know the older generation that will be using this site and it's going to be a problem.

So if I don't add a title or description this message does not appear upon pressing done?

Can it be disabled?

6 years 4 months ago #299991 by krileon

This message indicates something is not saved which is highly confusing.

It's there to ensure you saved any changes before leaving.

So if I don't add a title or description this message does not appear upon pressing done?

If you just upload and leave title, description, and album parameters alone it does not ask for confirmation. I've added a feature ticket to remove improving this further in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6915

Can it be disabled?

No, not unless you modify the template files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299993 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Gallery Upload Message
Hello, I appreciate you looking at this. I realized worse case scenario I could change the message to something to my benefit. I want them to fill in titles so I can say something else in the message.

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299996 by krileon

Which brings me to my language string question. Where are all these? In the standard Joomla language overrides?

They're CB language strings, which you can override using the below usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

I also need to change the profile edit buttons so say something else. I want the Update to say Save and the Cancel to say Return to Profile. Where can I change these?

Same as for the above. You can use the language finder to locate strings as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn