Support for EU GDPR

6 years 4 months ago #300347 by webweaver.be
Support for EU GDPR was created by webweaver.be
On May 28th next year the new European General Data Protection Regulation will become active: www.eugdpr.org/

As the users of our customers are all European citizens, this will affect them.
This regulation deals amongst others with:
* right to be forgotten (deleting user & all related data)
* data portability (ability to export all their data in a portable format, eg. xml/json)
* data protection (eg encryption) of personal identifiable data in case of a data breach
* explicit consent for different data usages.

Are there plans to implement features to become compliant to this regulation?

Kind regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300350 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Support for EU GDPR

* right to be forgotten (deleting user & all related data)

Doable with CB Privacy using the profile delete field. All of our plugins that store user data usually by default also delete the users data when that user is deleted (optionally toggled off). Additionally CB Auto Actions could be used to act on the user delete trigger if you need to delete data that isn't a part of CB on user delete. This does not need to be automated as per the law so you can be compliant by also just deleting the users data on request if you do not have access to CB Privacy.

* data portability (ability to export all their data in a portable format, eg. xml/json)

This does not need to be automated as per the law so you can be compliant with these requests by simply doing a CSV database dump of their data when they request for it (honestly not likely to happen often if at all). If you do want to automate it you can probably use CB Auto Actions and a Code action that just JSON encodes the user object and outputs that JSON string to them. Code field could also do it.

* data protection (eg encryption) of personal identifiable data in case of a data breach

Nothing to do with CB. Basically ensure you've HTTPS. Passwords are already encoded. Regular profile data of course is not (it has to be reversible to even be displayed). Believe this is mostly for encryption of personal ID numbers (e.g. SSN in the US would be a personal identifiable number; no idea what EU equivalent is) and things like credit card numbers, which should already be encrypted if stored based on best coding practices alone (CB doesn't store any of that unless you added fields for it).

* explicit consent for different data usages.

Nothing to do with CB. Be sure your terms and conditions includes the appropriate data use section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 11 months ago #304489 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Support for EU GDPR
Hello,

can someone please give some help how to realize:

"* data portability (ability to export all their data in a portable format, eg. xml/json)" with cb auto action or something else?

Thanks a lot.

Tobias

5 years 11 months ago #304491 by krileon
See my reply above. I've already explained how you can do that. CB Juice can give a CSV dump or you can directly dump from the database using phpmyadmin. This does not have to be automated. Just provide the dump if a user requests one. CB Privacy will eventually provide a field to dump profile data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304496 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Support for EU GDPR
It would be really very, very great idea, if cb privacy could offer the export to the users.. ;)

5 years 11 months ago #304497 by krileon
You are likely to get 1, if that, request for data dump per year. It is not likely people will bother with it. At any rate that functionality is planned for CB Privacy. Joomla is also implementing it into Joomla core in Joomla 3.9, which we will likely integrate with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds