[#6945] Groupjive - error

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300506 by GeckoSocial
[#6945] Groupjive - error was created by GeckoSocial
Hi, I have a situation with my set up where replies to a post in JiveGroup are not shown.

For example, a user posted the follow comment, which I replied to:

However, several other users have replied to this, and their replies are only showing to some users (and they can't see my reply):

To try and spot the replies, I went to the administration section GroupJive >> Wall - and attempted to sort by Parent, where I was presented with the following error:
Database loading error. Check and repair your database in Components / Community Builder / Tools.
SQL Error (visible to super-admins only): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'b.parent' in 'order clause'

I have run Check and Repair using CB Tools - but this shows no error or fault.

Please help ! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300507 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive - error
GJ Wall replies don't show on the activity stream. I'm implementing a new system action to log replies as comments to their parent wall entry to help with this. Replies directly on the activity stream should display perfectly fine and appears to be the case in your screenshots.

You can avoid this entirely by not using GJ Wall and strictly using CB Activity. Ensure CB GroupJive, CB Activity, and CB Auto Actions is up to date. Next in CB Auto Actions > System Actions enable "CB Groupjive - Stream". This will output an activity stream unique to each group and is powered by CB Activity allowing you to reply GJ Wall usage with an activity stream.

To try and spot the replies, I went to the administration section GroupJive >> Wall - and attempted to sort by Parent, where I was presented with the following error:
Database loading error. Check and repair your database in Components / Community Builder / Tools.
SQL Error (visible to super-admins only): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'b.parent' in 'order clause'

Am not seeing such an issue in my tests. Am guessing CB GroupJive and its integrations are out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300511 by GeckoSocial
Replied by GeckoSocial on topic Groupjive - error
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I can confirm the site is fully up to date - this morning on spotting the error, I immediately updated to:
cbgroupjivewall_3.1.1+build.2017.12.19.02.49.11.98a7c2795
plug_cbactivity_4.1.0+build.2017.12.21.16.54.05.07c31860c
plug_cbautoactions_7.0.0+build.2017.12.19.03.02.41.11b358c00
plug_cbgallery_2.1.0+build.2017.12.20.15.42.00.17db5177c
plug_cbgroupjive_3.1.1+build.2017.12.19.02.40.38.994f5e843

Having previously been using the most up to date versions (I update and action updates weekly).

I am happy to swap to using the activity wall, but how would I go about enabling notifications - I currently use uddeIM to send a message/notification, which happens "Out the Box" and is sent to users when a post is made on the wall, I have been unable to replicate this with the activity wall?

Also " Replies directly on the activity stream should display perfectly fine and appears to be the case in your screenshots." - I hide the Activity stream from users, so I'm unsure how they have accessed the activity Stream, but I have found the replies on there.

I am still seeing the error when I attempt to sort by a wall items parent item (using the following url /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&action=showgjwall&cid=514.

Error

I am using version 2.1.3+build.2017.11.16.20.21.51.1a2f01fa1 of community builder.
:

6 years 3 months ago #300513 by krileon
Ah, I see why. You're trying to sort by Parent. Looks like that sorting isn't using the correct database column. Press Clear to reset the filtering. Have added a bug ticket to look into and fix sorting on that column.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6945

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300517 by GeckoSocial
Replied by GeckoSocial on topic Groupjive - error
Hi Kyle,

Many thanks for your reply and logging that bug.

Did you spot my question about notifications when items are posted on the activity stream? I can get notifications from the Wall, but not from the activity stream (which is why I opted to use the wall in our installation)

6 years 3 months ago #300518 by krileon

Did you spot my question about notifications when items are posted on the activity stream? I can get notifications from the Wall, but not from the activity stream (which is why I opted to use the wall in our installation)

CB Activity 4.1.0 was just released with a new notifications API. I'm working on a new CB Auto Actions build that has new System Actions for logging notifications from various sources, which should help with this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn