Stripe recurring payments

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301285 by LineMine
Stripe recurring payments was created by LineMine
Hi
I realise you have only recently set up the payment gateway for Stripe, (a huge thank you for this by the way!) so there has been no time to add any documentation, as there is with some of the longer established gateways, so apologies for a few basic questions here.

I'm wanting to set up recurring payments with Stripe and CBSubs, and I'm wondering if this requires using the Subscriptions feature in Stripe, setting up Plans etc? For simple one-off payments I imagine the Payments feature is fine, but what about for repeating or recurring payments? The reason I am even asking this is that I used a Stripe plugin for Membership Pro briefly, and the recurring feature was generated at the Joomla end, I believe, with no need for Subscription setup.

Apologies, just run a test using the Stripe gateway, so I have my answer; the plan is generated automatically in the Stripe Subscriptions section.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe recurring payments
To clarify this a little further CBSubs will generate and maintain the Stripe Plans it self. It tries to reuse them if possible as well. There should be no manual action needed from you beyond the initial configuration of the gateway. CBSubs will also generate and use the Customer objects as well (disabled by default for single payments, but can be enabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

6 years 2 months ago #301310 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Stripe recurring payments
Hi Kyle

To add a bit more to this, as maybe a way of building up documentation on this excellent payment gateway, I've been doing some more testing today, with what I think are the following results.

In the payment gateway settings for Stripe, there is a box titled Enable Stripe E-Payments, with 4 choices., No, Enable Single payments, Enable Auto-recurring Payments, and Enable Single and Auto-recurring payments at users choice.

I wanted to mix recurring and single payments (monthly and annual) so I selected the last option, initially

(By the way, if you have plans set up with single payments and you leave this setting on "Enable auto-recurring only" by mistake as I did, the payment button which the user needs to pay with will simply not appear on the single payment plans until you reset to select both options)

Although Stripe seems to handle this "at users choice" or multiple option okay, the recurring payments seem to be entered as Payments (single), along with other single payments, whereas if you just select the "Enable auto-recurring payments only" option, and obviously restrict your plans to recurring payments, it seems to force Stripe to use its Subscription and Plans feature, setting up a corresponding plan and subscriptions in the Stripe account to the one in CB.

This is just based on a morning's observation, so it is possible there is more to it than this, but that's what I found today.

Thanks

6 years 2 months ago #301316 by krileon

Although Stripe seems to handle this "at users choice" or multiple option okay, the recurring payments seem to be entered as Payments (single), along with other single payments, whereas if you just select the "Enable auto-recurring payments only" option, and obviously restrict your plans to recurring payments, it seems to force Stripe to use its Subscription and Plans feature, setting up a corresponding plan and subscriptions in the Stripe account to the one in CB.

This is just based on a morning's observation, so it is possible there is more to it than this, but that's what I found today.

If both the gateway and plan are set to accept single and recurring payments you should have 2 buttons available on the credit card form. Clicking the second will subscribe for recurring and clicking the first will be just single payments. This is same behavior as other onsite payment gateways. See below for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #302239 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe recurring payments
Does it mean that we can have to activate two Stripe gateways with two different owner ids matching our plans owner ids ?
For instance one for single payment and the other for the auto recurring payments ?

6 years 1 month ago #302242 by krileon
If your plan allows both single and recurring payments you'll see the form as shown in my above reply on the payment form. There will be 2 buttons. 1 for single payments and 1 for recurring. This assumes you've a payment method available in Stripe that supports recurring payments as not all of them do (only Cards and SEPA do at this time). If you want recurring only you need first ensure you're seeing both buttons then set your plan to only accept recurring payments so you can use the gateway for recurring or single payments as needed per plan. If you don't see both buttons then you've configured the Stripe gateway in a way that it can not make recurring payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn