CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302197 by fwiffo2k
Hello,

As in the subject, we have a problem with the CB Reconfirm Email (www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-reconfirm-email)

We let the users change their email with KUNENA profile management, but apparently, the call is not correctly routed to the reconfirm email, and for what I can see the reconfirm plugin it's not being updated for a lot of time.

To explain it again:
If we use only the frontend with CB, everything works, but since we *must* use the kunena profile editor, to let user choose options in their profile (and since there isn't an easy way to fix it, since it's graphycally ugly to integrate in our already working site); we would like to know if there will be any update, even if not in the short time, to this plugin, or if there is a viable alternative...
If a user changes their email, we would like to confirm their new email, for obvious reason, since a wrong email+a forgotten password means an account loss, if not worse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)
CB Reconfirm Email will not work with Kunena profiles. It strictly will only work from CBs profile edit. Enable Kunenas CB integration plugin to prevent users from using Kunenas profiles. You can map CB fields to Kunena profile fields within CB Forums so you do not have to use Kunena profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302225 by fwiffo2k
Replied by fwiffo2k on topic CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)
I don't want to use the CB profile editor, before latest updates, I used to use a php file I wrote, with that I would check the email change and ask via mail the reconfirmation, but I can't access index.php?option=com_users&task=edit&emailactivation=1 (and a whole lot of string containing confirmation string with code and user) <- because of recent CB

Is there any way I could do that?

It's not about what I have to do, because I know it's that simple, but I simply cannot, the layout is not something easily changed, and I don't want to mess and loose time with something that will change again and again and again...

6 years 1 month ago #302233 by krileon
Why don't you want to use CBs profile edit? Of course plugins designed for CBs profile edit aren't going to work anywhere but in CB profile edit.

Direct access to Joomla users component is blocked by CB to prevent backdoor registrations (registrations bypassing CB). You can disable this in CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins > Community Builder System plugin then under Parse URLs disable both Redirect and Rewrite URLs. This is not recommended though as again it allows bypassing CB registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302285 by fwiffo2k
Replied by fwiffo2k on topic CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)
And allow only a specific exception in that entry you specified? for example allow only a specific, user entry selection / text, url to pass, for retrocompatibility or other plugins?

I could even rewrite my plugin to use the CB routing mechanism, but it would be a little mess, to use two different systems, one to read and one to write and confirm...

Maybe that's a possibility, in the meantime I did wrote a single exception for what I needed.

6 years 1 month ago #302294 by krileon
Kunena profile edit isn't blocked. Only access to Joomla core user component is. We can't account for every 3rd party registration/login processes. You should only ever be using a single registration and login point and if CB is installed that should be CB otherwise you're going to end up with users being able to bypass CB, which in most cases is not a good thing.

There will be no exceptions made for CB blocking access to Joomla core user component. It's all or nothing. You can disable that functionality in CB I guess then use another redirect extension to redirect only parts of Joomlas user component if you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn