[SOLVED] [#7055] Translation not working on CB Activity?

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302377 by some1new
Hi,

tried to edit some language terms on cb_activity plugin.

How to change them?
'FEELING_76fbab'	=>	'fühlen',
'HOW_ARE_YOU_FEELING_7c722b'	=>	'Wie fühlst Du dich?',

the dropdown will be translated but not the posting

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Translation not working on CB Activity?
Use language overrides as shown below and directly translate them.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Example as follows.

Key: Feeling
Text: fühlen

The language finder on the overrides tab shouldn't have issues finding the CB Activity language strings though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302408 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Translation not working on CB Activity?
Thx,

works fine but not all can be translated:

Questioning still not translatable

Any idea?
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #302419 by krileon
All of CB Activity can be translated perfectly fine. Use the language finder to find language strings and override as needed. See the below on how to use the language finder.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Searching for "how are you feeling" finds the below.

Key: HOW_ARE_YOU_FEELING_7c722b
Text: How are you feeling?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302421 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Translation not working on CB Activity?
No it does not.

If I enter the key

HOW_ARE_YOU_FEELING_7c722b

to the german language file and translate it to "Wie fühlst Du Dich?" instead of "How are you feeling?"

it stays the english term as my screenshot expressed.

6 years 1 month ago #302425 by krileon
Ah, I see why. You are absolutely correct. There's a missing CBTxt::T function call for the placeholder text for actions. Am fixing for a new build that should be available sometime today.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7055

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, some1new

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn