[SOLVED] CB Query to return multiple values

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304772 by morgster79
Hi There,

I've created a new field "Reviews", then have selected the field type of QUERY. Under Parameters and Query Tab i have added in the following SQL Query.

SELECT Message FROM `#__rbid_rate` WHERE user_rated='[user_id]';

On the Display Tab and Output field, i have selected "single row". This works well, pulls the first row of information from the above database table and column and displays the information. However there are multiple rows of data in that table and column that i want to display that match the user_id, how can i get it to display all the rows in that column that match the user_id? If i select in the Output field to display "multiple rows", it doesn't show any data. If i select "template" then it just shows the one row of data and no more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query to return multiple values
Set Output to Multiple Rows then for Row substitute in your database column using [column_Message]. You can add any other user substitutions you like in the header, row, and footer as well as any HTML you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morgster79

5 years 10 months ago #304806 by morgster79
Replied by morgster79 on topic CB Query to return multiple values
Thanks that worked perfectly. I used the below to pull the data into a list.

<ul style="list-style-type:square">
<li>[Column_Message]</li>
</ul>
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn