Different lables in profile-edit and profile-view

5 years 10 months ago #305568 by vanGogh1967
Hello!

I need different lables for a birthday-field in registration and userprofile. How can I do that?

I have one birthday-field - in the userprofile I show the age, so I need lable "age". But in the registration the user has to put his birthdate in, so I need the lable "birthday" or "birthdate".

I tried several settings but I always get the same lable in both views.

Regards,
Stephen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305569 by vanGogh1967
I didn't knew that substitutions in field-titles works also.

I put this in title: [cb:if userfield reason="register"]Geburtstag[cb:else]Alter[/cb:else][/cb:if]

Seems working!

Please close as SOLVED

5 years 10 months ago #305594 by krileon
You shouldn't need to use a substitution as Date and Datetime fields have built in title switching. Set the title of the field to "Birthday" then under Parameters > Display set "Profile View Title" to "Age". That should do what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305617 by vanGogh1967
oh yes, I couldn't believe it, because nothing I tried works like that. But now I found out:

your solution does not work if CB Core Fields Ajax is activated for that field.

Regards,
Stephen

5 years 10 months ago #305648 by krileon
Looks like a bug in CB Core Fields Ajax in that case and have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7206

For now the substitutions usage will work fine as a workaround.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn