[#7331] create user with the same firstname lastname

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #308269 by chanteur94
Hi

My method connection is email
My style of name is Firstname and Lastname
My format name is Name only

My input mask username is Name

When I create a new user with new email but Firstname and Lastname already exist, I have error message (user already exist).

I think that if I want to correct this, I have to change my style of name to email. But I don't want email appears (but username) when I'm on a user link.

So what's the solution.

Tx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic create user with the same firstname lastname
You could set the fallback to Email then use CB Auto Actions to alter the Username after registration. Beyond that I recommend just making the username field available as we currently don't have a means of adding random characters onto the username in this case when it already exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308290 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic create user with the same firstname lastname
Sorry, but I don't understant what I have to do.

Fallback ?
The username field is avaible but not displayed or editable

Tx

5 years 6 months ago #308309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic create user with the same firstname lastname
If you set the Username field to not display on registration CB will still have to give them a username. It does this by falling back to whatever field you selected for it to use. This is configured within CB > Configuration > User Profile using the Username Fallback parameter. It should be defaulted to Email, but if it was changed to Name you could have issues since in Joomla Name is not unique. You'd need a way to make it unique. The best I can suggest is to set it back to Email then use CB Auto Actions acting on onAfterUserRegistration to alter their username to something more unique.

Have added a feature ticket to see if we can further improve the fallback behavior to automatically handle making it unique to avoid these situations.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7331

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn