CB 2.3.0 backend layout issues

5 years 4 months ago #309294 by sirweb
CB 2.3.0 backend layout issues was created by sirweb
In the User Manager, the Group column uses text color #ffc107 (bootstrap.css line 8947) which gives a contrast value of 1.63:1 which is not accessible.
It is hard or impossible to read when being color blind or low vision.
Could you please reconcider this color selection?
Reference: webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Or, does CB backend template support css overrides, ie a custom.css file?

Also noticed that the download button in Plugins/ Install from web is misplaced in IE11. It shows to the div.
Unfortunately, at this time IE 11 is the only browser thaat fully supports ZoomText, Supernova and similar magnifying software used people with low vision.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3.0 backend layout issues
We use Bootstrap 4 which is completely WCAG 2.0 compatible. Color contrasting will be subjective to your background color. You likely need to make the background color darker. Does hovering a row allow it to be more visible for you? We do not apply a background color in backend so it's subjective to whatever your backend Joomla template is using which maybe why there's contrasting issues since it's not being reset by Bootstrap.

Will review adding an option to CB to select a backend template (at this time it forces default), which would allow custom templates generated by CB Template Changer to apply to backend. Regarding CSS overrides no they do not load in backend as it typically causes too many odd conflicts.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7384

Below are the Bootstrap 4 colors.

getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/utilities/colors/

In addition to their accessibility note regarding color contrasts.

getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/getting-started/accessibility/#color-contrast

With that said the color choice for the Registered usergroup in the Groups column doesn't really make much sense. Have added a feature ticket to change it to a different Bootstrap 4 color.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7385

Install from web is misplaced in IE11. It shows to the div.
Unfortunately, at this time IE 11 is the only browser thaat fully supports ZoomText, Supernova and similar magnifying software used people with low vision.

IE11 does not 100% support flexbox so you may or may not have some layout issues like this. There's not much we can do about it as it's a limitation of the styling engine, but have added a note to take a look.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7386

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

5 years 4 months ago #309318 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic CB 2.3.0 backend layout issues
Thanks for your interest in this! :)

I understand. Only the Bootstrap 4 text.warning is hard to read among these text classes.
Changing background color may not be the best option here.

Having lots of custom Joomla Groups with Registered as parent, being able to change color woud be a perfect solution.,

Just curious, why is Registered set to text.warning color?

Thanks again!

5 years 4 months ago #309333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3.0 backend layout issues

Just curious, why is Registered set to text.warning color?

Don't particularly know. Just how its always been styled going as far back as CB 1.x. Should ideally be green (text-success) or not colored at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn