[#7404] Upload-Function in cbgallerybot

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309573 by ThomasKuels
[#7404] Upload-Function in cbgallerybot was created by ThomasKuels
With the CB gallery works everything fine, when i use it in User-Profiles. The owner of the profile can upload photos, create gallerys, ...
Visitors of the profile (registered users) can watch the content, but not change anything.
Just like i want it.

when i use the cbgallerybot (joomla>plugins) i have following problem:

all users (registered users) can use the upload-function (create new photos, new gallerys, ...) in all joomla-articles even when they are not the author of the article.

is it possible, that the cbgallerybot can checkout, who is the author of the active article and disable the upload-/create new-functions for all other users?
what can i do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309601 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload-Function in cbgallerybot
Currently it's just doing a standard ACL check. Have added a feature ticket to change it to only allow create access for article owner and CB Moderators.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7404

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309604 by ThomasKuels
Replied by ThomasKuels on topic Upload-Function in cbgallerybot
Thanks ...
I think it would be a great improvement, when only the author (and perhaps mods) can make changes to the gallery of an article

5 years 4 months ago #309605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload-Function in cbgallerybot
This has now been implemented in the latest build. Simply update and should work as you're expecting. This will restrict create access permission to the author and CB Moderators only. It will also still respect the ACL check as well encase you don't want all authors to have create access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309608 by ThomasKuels
Replied by ThomasKuels on topic Upload-Function in cbgallerybot
WOW !!!

Where can i get the update?

5 years 4 months ago #309616 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upload-Function in cbgallerybot

ThomasKuels wrote: WOW !!!

Where can i get the update?

Download area, but you should also see it in your website cb -> plugin install -> web install area

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn