[#7433] Private Messages not being sent / regsistered

5 years 2 months ago #310039 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Private Messages not being sent / regsistered
Confirmed, version is: 2.4.0+build.2019.01.17.17.05.56.3f4aeb741

I've disabled SEO, no changes.

I can confirm that when I send to a user that does not exist, it still says "Message sent successfully!"

I can give you SuperUser access to my test environment, if you would like.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310049 by gjschaller
Updated to 2.4.0+build.2019.01.21.23.30.35.c78d7184c - no change

Tried disabling HTML editor and sending as plain text, along with disabling just about every other option to get a baseline to work from - still having the same issue.

Is there something that would block the lookup of a recipient, or interfere with the generation of the message from the front end? Akeeba Admin Tools, or OS Meta?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 2 months ago #310061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Messages not being sent / regsistered
You can test the PMS on our demo site below. I'm unable to reproduce your issues. I don't see how it could report success when sending to a user that doesn't exist; the code simply doesn't allow for that.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Are you trying to send by username or by user id? If user id does send by username work fine for you? From the new message page or from the quick message tab? Do both fail? I'm not sure what more to suggest. You can PM backend super administrator login credentials and can take a look, but I don't see anything in the code to cause such a problem.

Is there something that would block the lookup of a recipient, or interfere with the generation of the message from the front end? Akeeba Admin Tools, or OS Meta?

No idea, I guess Akeeba Admin Tools security features could be blocking something for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310064 by gjschaller
I don't see PM on this site, do you mean on the Demo site?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it now - was looking for it from the Forums, found it in the Menu.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 2 months ago #310071 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Messages not being sent / regsistered
Have reviewed your install. You enabled "Multiple Recipients" within CB > Private Message System > Parameters > Create, but you set "Recipients Limit" to 0. So it was impossible to send private messages. Changing the limit to 1 resolves the issue. Have added a bug ticket and will fix it so the recipient limit during sending can't go below 1 to avoid this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7433

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310072 by gjschaller
Thank you! I knew I wasn't crazy... at least on this issue. ;-)

The tooltip says "Set 0 for no limit" which is misleading - that may need to be looked at.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn