[#7436] CB additional field not imported and validation is running when import?

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310104 by saman2
Hi
Question 1:
i simply do this:
1-download csv of a one user that checked
2-delete that user, import the file downloaded in step 1, to the cb user management list again.
it is imported but additional field not imported
Question 2:
when i import csv how can i run validation for each field ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310105 by krileon

it is imported but additional field not imported

Was able to confirm. That'd be a bug for sure. Have added a bug ticket to see why it's failing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7436

when i import csv how can i run validation for each field ?

You can't, it's a raw data export/import. Running validation in 99% cases would just cause the import to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310106 by saman2

krileon wrote: Was able to confirm. That'd be a bug for sure. Have added a bug ticket to see why it's failing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7436

in the past your coding was more stable... :whistle:
when release new cb? or how can i bug fix?

5 years 2 months ago #310107 by krileon

in the past your coding was more stable...

The bug was caused by an additional object column check. The check was to be sure data can only be imported if the object it's importing can hold such data. For custom fields that data doesn't exist as part of the class definition. So when parsing all of this out it doesn't exist as far as this check is concerned and for security purposes cleans it out. None of this is a problem when editing existing rows so it wasn't caught as most of the testing was against an existing row with new row testing just making sure it created the new row.

What I'm saying with all of this is things aren't always so simple and plain as day...

when release new cb? or how can i bug fix?

Probably sometime today or early tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 2 months ago #310158 by saman2
friendly bump...new CB not released yet.

5 years 2 months ago #310169 by nant

saman2 wrote: friendly bump...new CB not released yet.

Code changes are being peer reviewed - code stability does have a cost ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn