[#7463] Cannot view sent messages in PM system

5 years 1 month ago #310455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot view sent messages in PM system
Are you using Joomla SEF or a 3rd party SEF extension? Just strange behavior needing to move it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310459 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Cannot view sent messages in PM system
Joomla SEF. You're welcome to check my test environment if you want to see what's installed, the credentials should still be good. (I'm not worried, if you don't want to invest time into this one.)

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 1 month ago #310488 by krileon
Your test environment seams to be working fine. Switching between Sent and Received works as expected. Did you change the menu item there as well? Very strange issue. Guess it could've just been a bad menu item and moving it re-saved it causing it to work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #310489 by gjschaller
It was working there before the live environment... I think I changed the menu while troubleshooting the other issue a while back. That's how I knew it was a local setting because it worked in my Test env, but not Live. When I compared the two, I noticed Test was a menu alias, so I tried that on Live, and it worked.

I'm willing to chalk it up to a bad menu item. I'll try to recreate it when I have some free time, possibly next week, for curiosity's sake.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 1 month ago #310676 by gjschaller
I was able to recreate the issue in a Test environment:

template.knightrealms.com

Private Message menu item is in the main menu at the top, on the very right. Again, this is not urgent to fix, but if you want to dig out of curiosity, here's a spot for you to recreate it and play with it.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 1 month ago #310679 by krileon
The test credentials previously provided do not appear to work. Please PM new credentials and would be glad to take a look. My best guess is there's a SEF rewrite issue in the custom routing code.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn