[SOLVED] Comments in gallery

5 years 1 month ago #311054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments in gallery
If the gallery activity has more than 1 upload the comments will be attached to the activity and not the gallery item. The reason for this is it wouldn't make any sense otherwise. You'd have, for example, 3 photos and have no idea which of those photos comments should be displayed. If it displayed and logged comments to the first photo when commenting on the activity it wouldn't make any sense since they could be commenting about the 3rd photo. In this case to comment specifically on 1 of the 3 photos you need to click it and comment in the modal window.

As for what parameters control gallery commenting it's the ones in the system action within CB Auto Actions. If you need to change those parameters you need to do as instructed above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311062 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic Comments in gallery
Hi Krileon,
I absolutely agree - this is the way it should work - however, it doesnt in my case. After doing the action you mentioned, my comment is visible, but disapears after refreshing the page. I noticed, it remains visible in the first video of the gallery of the members profile - however, it disapeared in the module of the activity stream it was before refreshing the page.
Any idea?

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #311064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments in gallery
Looks like it's outputting the comments for the last media entry uploaded. You can see it happening on our demo site below with comments on the fire breather photo.

demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php

Have added a bug ticket to see what's going on with the comments asset when being parsed by CB Gallery as it should reset it back to targeting the activity entry if there's multiple uploads.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7482

Will review and fix for a release sometime today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn