[#7484] IOS double tap needed when changing profile image

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #311056 by Astrid
I noticed that on IOS (Ipad) I need to double tap to see the options when changing profile image. Tested it on your demo-site and there it works like expected (single tap). Changed my site template already to Protostar to make sure this wasn't a template conflict.
Is there a solution available?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311066 by krileon
You mean for the select field display below the avatar image? Are any other select fields having the same problem? Shouldn't be a need for double tap as it's just a standard select field. If other select fields are also having same issue then it's likely something installed changing select field behavior (e.g. converting them to jQuery Chosen usages).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311080 by Astrid
When testing further I discovered that it only occurs when a field description is added. I have another dropdown field in user profile and that reacted as expected. But that one didn't have a description. So it seems that on IOS on first tap tooltip (description) is shown and on second tap list opens.

5 years 1 month ago #311104 by krileon
Ok, have added a bug ticket to review improving the tooltip JS to pass the click event through depending on what it's attached to. This should resolve that issue as single tap would open tooltip and the dropdown then.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7484

Believe this maybe an issue in jQuery Touch Punch which we use to pass mobile events to mouse events.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311120 by Astrid
Thx. Solved it for now by adding an extra read only field (with "tooltip text") above select field.

5 years 4 weeks ago #311302 by Astrid
Just discovered that it occurs with all fields that have tooltips. So even when registering on ipad user has to double tap on field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn