[SOLVED] Picture in Profile is too large

5 years 2 days ago - 5 years 4 hours ago #312107 by eciudad
This picture in one of the profiles does not want to display right. I have loaded many types and sizes of pictures and they all display too large and do not crop right. It is only one of several hundred. Any idea as to what I did to cause this?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 days ago #312111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Picture in Profile is too large
That spot is meant for squared images. If you upload a non-squared image it will crop, but you can make the cropping easier by allowing the user to select how it crops. To do this edit your avatar field in CB > Field Management and ensure the following are configured under Parameters > Image Limits.

Maintain Aspect Ratio: Yes, with User Cropping
Allow Client Resize: Enable

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 day ago #312116 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Picture in Profile is too large
Thank you,it was set that way. When user load picture, gets the ability to crop but it looks like it takes a strip crop of the picture. Please see enclosure
Attachments:

5 years 1 day ago #312117 by eciudad
Thank you,it was set that way. When user load picture, gets the ability to crop but it looks like it takes a strip crop of the picture. Please see enclosure

I got it, the picture was not squared. I think I corrected by cropping the picture to a square size

5 years 1 day ago #312126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Picture in Profile is too large
Sounds like you may have adjusted the maximum width and height parameters which can cause issues like that. The below values can be used to ensure squared images that will fit the canvas layout.

Maximum Image Height: 200
Maximum Image Width: 200
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 100
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 100

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 day ago #312133 by eciudad
Thank you Krileon. Will make changes and advise if does not work only.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn