CB Gallery - Assets, Albums only & User pages

4 years 9 months ago #312845 by BlountyNG
Hi, I have a few questions.

Is there a way to have multiple assets in the gallery, currently I have [Asset - profile.%]

I am looking for a way for the gallery page to only show specific content from all users
e.g. Menu Item - Videos goes to all users uploaded videos or Menu Item - Albums goes to all users uploaded Albums (without showing single photos, albums or videos on the wrong pages)

Is there a way to disallow uploading pictures outside of albums, I do not want users to be able to upload single pictures outside of an album.

How to split user page gallery into 2 pages - Albums and Videos currently I only have gallery and can not user the plugin in 2 items.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery - Assets, Albums only & User pages

Is there a way to have multiple assets in the gallery, currently I have [Asset - profile.%]

Yes, you can supply a comma separated list of assets. Please read the Asset parameter description carefully. It provides how to use it with several examples.

I am looking for a way for the gallery page to only show specific content from all users
e.g. Menu Item - Videos goes to all users uploaded videos or Menu Item - Albums goes to all users uploaded Albums (without showing single photos, albums or videos on the wrong pages)

That's not something Asset controls. For your usage leave Asset as profile.% then simply set various media types to not display under their respective menu parameter tabs (e.g. under Videos turn off videos). There's no option to show only Albums though, but could be useful so have added a feature ticket for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7594

Is there a way to disallow uploading pictures outside of albums, I do not want users to be able to upload single pictures outside of an album.

No, Albums in CB Gallery are always optional. Have added a feature ticket to consider implementing this in a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7595

How to split user page gallery into 2 pages - Albums and Videos currently I only have gallery and can not user the plugin in 2 items.

I don't understand what you mean, sorry. Albums always display at the top above media that isn't in an album. Do you mean you want the Gallery tab on users profile to be split into 2 tabs? You can do that using the Gallery fieldtype and placing the field on a separate tab then changing the Asset to profile. There is no option to hide media that doesn't have a album.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlountyNG

4 years 9 months ago #312849 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CB Gallery - Assets, Albums only & User pages

krileon wrote:

Yes, you can supply a comma separated list of assets. Please read the Asset parameter description carefully. It provides how to use it with several examples.

Sorry about that, did not think to hover over the asset to see the description.

I don't understand what you mean, sorry. Albums always display at the top above media that isn't in an album. Do you mean you want the Gallery tab on users profile to be split into 2 tabs? You can do that using the Gallery fieldtype and placing the field on a separate tab then changing the Asset to profile. There is no option to hide media that doesn't have a album.

Yep that is exactly what I wanted, thanks again.

Also thank you for the feature requests look forward to seeing what comes of them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn