CB gallery auto enable

1 month 1 week ago #313268 by BlountyNG
I am trying to find some setting mentioned in another post for CB gallery but am struggling to find there location.

'Means you should configure your CB Gallery Tab with following settings:

Gallery Automatically enabled = No
Allow User to Enable: No'

Any help locating these settings would be apreciated, I have checked the gallery tab but am having no luck.
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #313270 by krileon
Those are parameters from the old Profile Gallery plugin and don't exist in CB Gallery. CB Gallery is already enabled assuming you've published its plugin in CB > Plugin Management. Users can not disable their galleries unless you implement such a usecase using CB Conditionals to conditionally hide the gallery tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
1 month 1 week ago #313272 by BlountyNG
What would be the best way to only allow certain users to have a gallery, which is available to view by any member with/without gallery?
1 month 1 week ago #313277 by krileon
Install CB Gallery then enable it within CB > Plugin Management. That's all you need to do. By default it works out of the box to provide profile galleries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
1 month 1 week ago #313278 by BlountyNG
Sorry about that, may have worded the question wrong. I have Galleries enabled currently for everyone.

I am now trying to only allow certain users to actually have and use them to upload. While everyone else can only view what the allowed members have uploaded.
1 month 1 week ago #313286 by krileon
Edit the Gallery tab within CB > Tab Management and under Parameters > Albums/Photos/Videos/Files/Music > Create adjust the Access parameter as needed. You can limit create access on a view access level basis.

If you need gallery display to be controlled on some sort of condition basis (e.g. based off the value of a field) you'll need to install CB Conditional and edit the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management then under Integrations > CB Conditional configure your conditions as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn