[#7785] How can I validate different fields at Registration?

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315604 by nancy.aharpour
Hi,
I have this scenario at user registration:

Text Field 1 => input value1

Text Field 2 => input value2

Text Field 3 => inpiut value3

Text Field 4 => input value4
Text Field 10 => input value10

the input value1, input value2, input value3, input value4.... input value10 must be different from each other, how can validate these fields in the registration phase and force the user to digit different values for every field?

thanks
nancy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315614 by krileon
There's no validation functionality for comparing field values like that via ajax. It's possible using CB Code Field or CB Query Field and their code or query validation to use PHP or SQL to compare values, but that won't happen via ajax and instead will happen once that submit the form. Have added a feature ticket to review improving the ajax validation code for CB Code Field (will also end up being applied to CB Query Field) to allow sending other field values.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7785

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315652 by krileon
Ok, this functionality is now available. See the below topic for an example of how to have a field validate against the value of another field using the new Additional Fields functionality in CB Code Field and its Code Validation feature.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/241877-form-validation-over-multiple-fields#315651

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315664 by nancy.aharpour
Replied by nancy.aharpour on topic How can I validate different fields at Registration?
great!!!

Thank you so muck
n

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315672 by nancy.aharpour
Replied by nancy.aharpour on topic How can I validate different fields at Registration?
I'm trying to post a new Topic but I cannot...why?

This is what I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

:S :S :S :S :S

4 years 3 months ago #315674 by nancy.aharpour
Sorry problem solved

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn