Basic plan for all members needed for access regardless of higher plans

4 years 4 months ago #315665 by micheleq
Hello,

I have the following setup, which has been working for a while:
  • This is a teaching site where different teachers offer their courses
  • Teachers have CB plans set up so that students can sign up for their classes. (teachers have their own gateways and get paid directly)
  • I require a basic plan for all students to access the site, which is how I can maintain the site. This is a low monthly fee.
  • When a new user signs up they only see the basic plan. Once inside they can see the different teachers plans and sign up as they wish.
  • The teacher's plans are set up in such a way so that the basic plan must be active before they sign up.

All this works well, the only problem is that now I'm noticing that some students stop paying the basic plan, but because their teacher's plan is active and automatically recurring, they continue to have access to the site. Hence I don't get paid as I should.

Is there a way to remedy this? I need the basic plan to be a must for access, if that plan is not active, they should be required to re-instate it, even if another higher plan is active.
Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315694 by krileon
Make the teacher plans child plans of your basic plan. This should stop their child plans access from working if the parent plan is not active. This may not work very well with existing recurring subscriptions however and you may need to fix users subscription rows in _cbsubs_subscriptions to have parent_plan set to the basic plans id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

4 years 4 months ago #315712 by micheleq
Yes, that's how I have it set up. However, in digging a bit, I see that all the child plans that had 0 as their parent, were subscribed before June 2017, and I had set this up in April 2017, so it's very possible that I made the change back then, but I don't remember.

However that may be, I changed the parent_plan ID for those needing it (about 30 only) and when I log in to test, they are not asked to renew the basic plan, even if I set the parent_subscription to the ID of the original basic subscription (now expired).

Is there any other other setting I can look at for that to work, or should I forcibly expire the child subscription to force a re-signup (I'd rather not).

Thanks,
Tomas

4 years 4 months ago #315721 by krileon
They won't be asked to renew on login. They don't have a subscription to the basic plan at all so there's nothing to renew. You'd need to give them the basic plan, but as expired which you can do using the Import feature in CBSubs. This should only be an issue for those subscribed before you made the parent plan change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn