[#7819] CBSubs: Activate Account without Payment

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316281 by nphic
Folks,

I've been using CBSubs for many years now and has served me well. I have a new "use case" that I need to implement. We use the "Mail-In Payment" gateway to enable our members to establish an account and then mail us a check. There are two "Payment selection leads to following order state":

Pending (Recommended) with completion in CBSubs admin area Payment Baskets
Completed, giving immediate access WITHOUT PAYMENT!

The new use case I have is that we want to allow Mail-in Payments, but give immediate access to the member.

The problem I have is if I set the payment selection to "Completed, giving immediate access with out payment", the "Pay" button in the basket is not presented and the order is completed. I CANNOT add the receive the check/payment when it arrives to us.

The question is how do I "Enable" the account in CB, giving the person immediate access and still have the Pay button in the CBSubs basket so I can record the check when it arrives?

Thanks,
Jo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316290 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs: Activate Account without Payment
Once the basket has been paid it's not possible to attach a payment to it. That's a new usecase we'll have to consider. Have added a feature ticket to look into it further as it'd just need to modify the stored payment, but not change the status of the basket or subscription.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7819

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316296 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic CBSubs: Activate Account without Payment
Kyle,

Thanks! Basically, I'm looking for a third option in "Payment selection leads to following order state" that would enable me to "Access Provided with completion in CBSubs admin area Payment Baskets"

Please let me know if and when this new feature maybe available.

THANKS for all your help!
Joe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn