message plugin

4 years 1 month ago #316633 by matthewdavey
message plugin was created by matthewdavey
How do I put this new message bit in a older style cbuilder see attached

I have a CB site that hasn't had the new profile package installed because I don't want it to break my old design and configuration and I don't think it has this option in cbuilder fields?
It must be a new plugin or something?
Does it have to be in that position?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316638 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic message plugin
There is no backporting of features. If you want the new internal PMS functionality you will have to update CB. You do not have to use the new canvas layout as the canvas layout is an addition to existing tab positions so you can freely move your tabs to different positions to maintain the old layout if you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316650 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic message plugin
I have the latest CBuilder installed but I can't see the internal PMS field
Do I have to instal the quickstart profile package to get it?
I don't want to install it over the top of an old cbuilder website I might break the site.
Thanks

4 years 1 month ago #316655 by krileon
That private message icon is displayed on the Menu tab as part of CB Menu above a users profile. Are you saying you don't see this icon? Ensure it's enabled within the Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management as well as ensuring the PMS plugin it self is published. No you do not have to install CB Quickstart; that icon is not specific to CB Quickstart.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316803 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic message plugin
You said Are you saying you don't see this icon?
I can't get the icon to display on my old style cbuilder configuration.
It works great with the quickstart
does it have to be on the Menu tab as part of CB Menu above a users profile? Or is it part of that tab? I've never seen it before quickstart.
Thanks

4 years 1 month ago #316813 by krileon
Old style cbuilder configuration? I've no idea what you mean by that. The icon is displayed on the Menu tab above the users profile. It does not display anywhere else. It does not matter if you're using canvas layout or not as the menu is not specific to the canvas layout. If you're using an out of date version of CB then it of course won't display as it probably doesn't exist in the version you're using. The icon is not part of Quickstart; it has been available for months since the PMS plugin was rewritten.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds