Family Plan Question

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316871 by liaskas
Family Plan Question was created by liaskas
Hello and thank you for "Family Plan". This is a very useful plugin for CBSubs.

There is only an issue that makes it's use not possible because of privacy, at least in our case. This issue is the way that the user shares his subscription.

We do not allow users to view each others e-mail address, so they do not know the mails to share subscriptions. Just usernames! How can we set things so, that a user can share subscription using username instead of e-mail?

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Family Plan Question
It's not exactly meant to be used to share with random people you don't know so no it does not support sharing to username. The usecase is to share with family members or for example workers within a company. Share by username maybe something supported in a future release. Have added a feature ticket to consider this feature.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7853

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316882 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Family Plan Question
Thank you for your reply!

I understand your point. It is as it must be if you want to use it for families only and small company coworkers. What about company coworkers with branches around the world?

Example:
Company in London with five branches (globally) of 50 employees each. All members of an online community that work through GroupJive as a Group. It is much easier for the London company to find them and share subscription through username instead of the e-mail.

Other example:
Here in joomlapolis community. Why not be able to share a subscription with a member that has helped me without knowing his e-mail. (ok... probably not in joomlapolis but in some other community)

Anyway... sharing subscription creates too many possible advantages, not only for families but for all paid community types.

Thank you for adding it for future consideration and thanks again for your reply.

4 years 1 month ago #316894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Family Plan Question

What about company coworkers with branches around the world?

Realistically they should all have company email addresses of which should be used to share to. At any rate the feature ticket has been added and will be considered for future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds