CB Activity "See More" not working.

3 years 11 months ago #318230 by kdave321
CB Activity "See More" not working. was created by kdave321
I can make a long Wall post in a group and the "See More" to display it works great within the group. When the post arrives in the Activity Feed, no "See More" .
I have dug deep into the code , and I can see the cbMoreLess class is there and jquery.cbMoreLess.min.js loaded and modifying the element classes, but somehow the height test is failing...
Ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity "See More" not working.
Does refreshing the page resolve the issue? If not how long is the post exactly (if possible attach a text file to your reply with a sample)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318253 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic CB Activity "See More" not working.
So it should be working? Yes, tried refresh, browser restart, on both production and development webservers.

I tried a long text post in profile blog ( just shows a link in the newsfeed) , and I also tried a long text post on the Activity Feed. Same problem.

Attached text that works fine on the Group Wall. Also attach the Feed Post. ( The posts were in UNIX and contained no CR's - converted to DOS format for txt file ).

In both cases, if I change ( in browser dev tool) "cbMoreLessOpened" to "cbMoreLessClosed" , and Content style="max-height: 100px;" and remove "hidden" from fade-edge classes, it works like expected.
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318269 by krileon
Your post isn't long enough for CB Activity to bother activating read more. The other implementations of read more are a bit too aggressive. This was relaxed in CB Activity recently to stop attaching it to nearly every post. It takes more than 800px of content to trigger read more in CB Activity which it then reduces down to 400px. In short this is working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318273 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic CB Activity "See More" not working.
Ah ha! So it is.
I'm not seeing that 800px setting anywhere. Is there any way to override it?
I use a custom template for mobile vs desktop, and that's just too long for a mobile device.

3 years 11 months ago #318277 by krileon
A specific height and tolerance is set in the JS so no you won't be able to override this. That should not be too large for mobile devices. Modern phones have a viewport height of at least 700px. This would put the maximum at just barely outside of screen view. If you're testing this using your browser be sure to refresh the page after turning on mobile emulation as it calculates content height which will change based off the width of the view. Is it not working at all on mobile for you?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn