Installation CB Connect failed

3 years 11 months ago #318731 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic Installation CB Connect failed
I have discussed your information with my host provider. My host provider supports both innodb and MyISAM. They suggested the following: if the database [of CB Connect] is originally designed for MyISAM, it could be an idea to convert the table to MyISAM type. The current version of SQL is MariaDB 10.2.27-MariaDB (supported till 23 May 2022).

I don't know if this is possible or realistic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation CB Connect failed
Do not convert to MyISAM. It is a discontinued storage engine.

The current version of SQL is MariaDB 10.2.27-MariaDB (supported till 23 May 2022).

Joomla nor CB officially support MariaDB, which is a fork of MySQL and it working is just pure luck.

The InnoDB default settings in MySQL 5.7 were applied to MariaDB in version 10.2.2 (which came out 4 years ago). Your host has you on 10.2.27. So they are still using the wrong settings. Below are the necessary settings.

innodb_large_prefix = 1 (on since MariaDB 10.2.2)
innodb_file_per_table = 1 (always on in MariaDB)
innodb_file_format = Barracuda (set since MariaDB 10.2.2)

Below is the defaults for them.

innodb_large_prefix = mariadb.com/kb/en/innodb-system-variables/#innodb_large_prefix
innodb_file_per_table = mariadb.com/kb/en/innodb-system-variables/#innodb_file_per_table
innodb_file_format = mariadb.com/kb/en/innodb-system-variables/#innodb_file_format

The bottom line is your host has their database configured wrong. If those settings have already been correctly set then you probably have the following incorrect as well.

innodb_page_size = 16384

Default as follows.

innodb_page_size = mariadb.com/kb/en/innodb-system-variables/#innodb_page_size

That's the default for innodb_page_size, but some hosts have deliberately halfed it to 8192 to save on storage space and thereby crippling InnoDB. The only thing left after that is to make sure the database tables themselves have the following.

ROW_FORMAT = Dynamic or Compressed

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318758 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic Installation CB Connect failed
Thank you for your comment and all the detailed information. I have sent the info to my host provider and I have got a reaction. Unfortunately, they are not willing to change the settings, because of the implications for the overall performance and the consequences for other users. They admit that MariaDB is not officially supported by Joomla, but they had good experiences with it till so far... My case is an exception. And so there is no solution for me. I think CB Connect will not work for me, unless I move to another host provider. Maybe I will do this in future. CB Connect is nice, but not as important to me as some other add-ons, like CB Auto Actions or CB Activity.

3 years 10 months ago #318760 by krileon
Unfortunately your only option then would be to move to a better host if they are not willing to correct their settings. It sounds like you maybe on budget hosting, which tend to over crowd servers and to do that they have to reduce settings. They're fine for what they are, cheap hosting, but if you intend to grow your site you'll need to move on eventually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 weeks ago #324246 by mnaged2021
Replied by mnaged2021 on topic Installation CB Connect failed
I contacted our hosting and made changes per the attached image. I tried installing and it is still erroring.

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.
#0 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/Driver/CmsDatabaseDriver.php(325): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/DatabaseUpgrade.php(1807): CBLib\Database\Driver\CmsDatabaseDriver->query() #2 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/DatabaseUpgrade.php(1778): CBLib\Database\DatabaseUpgrade->doQuery('CREATE TABLE `#...') #3 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/DatabaseUpgrade.php(289): CBLib\Database\DatabaseUpgrade->createTable(Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), 'cbpaidsubscript...') #4 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/DatabaseUpgrade.php(249): CBLib\Database\DatabaseUpgrade->checkXmlTableDescription(Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), 'cbpaidsubscript...', true, true, NULL) #5 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbInstallerPlugin.php(248): CBLib\Database\DatabaseUpgrade->checkXmlDatabaseDescription(Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), 'cbpaidsubscript...', true, NULL, NULL) #6 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/CBInstallPlugin.php(1335): cbInstallerPlugin->install() #7 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/CBInstallPlugin.php(101): CBInstallPlugin->installPluginUpload() #8 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/ActionController.php(927): CBInstallPlugin->store() #9 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/ActionController.php(592): CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\ActionController->savePluginView(Array, Array, Array, Array, Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), Object(CBInstallPlugin), Object(CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\RegistryEditController), 'apply', 'class', NULL, Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), Object(CBLib\Registry\Registry), 'b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9...', 2) #10 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/ActionController.php(170): CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\ActionController->drawView('com_comprofiler', 'installcbplugin', Object(CBLib\Xml\SimpleXMLElement), 'apply') #11 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/Controller.php(131): CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\ActionController->handleAction(Array) #12 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/Controller.php(111): CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\Controller->execute(Array, Object(CBLib\Output\Output)) #13 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Controller/Controller.php(101): CBLib\AhaWow\Controller\Controller->dispatchRoute(Array) #14 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Controller/Controller.php(78): CBLib\Controller\Controller->execute('installcbplugin...') #15 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Controller/Dispatcher.php(86): CBLib\Controller\Controller->dispatch('installcbplugin...') #16 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Application/Application.php(165): CBLib\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch() #17 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Core/CBLib.php(179): CBLib\Application\Application->dispatch() #18 /home/maae/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(202): CBLib\Core\CBLib::execute() #19 /home/maae/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php(14): require('/home/maae/publ...') #20 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(402): require_once('/home/maae/publ...') #21 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(377): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/maae/publ...') #22 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php(101): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_comprofiler') #23 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php(159): Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() #24 /home/maae/public_html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(203): Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() #25 /home/maae/public_html/administrator/index.php(51): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() #26 {main}
Attachments:

3 years 2 weeks ago #324248 by krileon
Was the database restarted after making these changes? If not they won't have any affect. Additionally you can try pushing the innodb_page_size setting even further.

innodb_page_size=64k

It's also possible you're hitting buffer limits, which you can increase with the below.

innodb_log_buffer_size=32M
innodb_buffer_pool_size=512M

Another option is to stop MariaDB from throwing a error for a warning with the following, but I don't really recommend this.

innodb_strict_mode=0

We don't officially support MariaDB. So none of our queries or table structures are tested for it.

We will likely be changing this with CB 3.x and officially test MariaDB, but it will entirely depend on time availability as it would double our testing efforts and we're a small team so time is already limited.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn