Upload image max file size error

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319591 by jeroen aalders
[#8094] Upload image max file size error was created by jeroen aalders
When uploading an PNG image of for example 1.715KB on the front-end user profile, I get the error "The image file size exceeds the maximum of 2.05 MBs". The Default Maximum Image Filesize in the configuration is 4000 and in the field 2000.
When converting the PNG to a JPG image of 1.807KB it works as it should.
Why does the error pop-up on PNG uploads that are below the max filesize threshold?
Maybe you are aware of this issue and can help me fix it or you aren't and is why I should report it.
Hope to hear from you again soon. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload image max file size error
Do you have client side resizing enabled in the field under Parameters > Image Limits? If not enabled try enabling it and see if your issue resolves. If already enabled try disabling it. Are you getting this error after selecting the file below the file input (client side validation) or only after attempting to save your profile and it reloads profile edit with error at the top (server side validation)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319598 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic Upload image max file size error
Yes, I have client side resizing enabled in the field under Parameters and yes to this as well, only after attempting to save your profile and it reloads profile edit with error at the top (server side validation)

3 years 9 months ago #319600 by jeroen aalders
Switching off client side resizing, did it but is that how it should work>?

3 years 9 months ago #319602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload image max file size error
Client side resizing should not be resulting in a larger image. It should always result in a smaller image. Very strange that it's giving a large image. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as it's possible the browser API for client side resizing has changed. What browser are you using? Please also be sure your browser is up to date.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8094

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319604 by jeroen aalders
Firefox v87 on windows10

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn