[SOLVED] Display problem with cb_gallery into the profile tab

3 years 7 months ago #320114 by Joerg12
Hello,

every user should be able to do everything that is possible.
Therefore albums are allowed into the profiles and into the plugin.

But i don't want to see albums when opening the gallery with a menu link, because then i want to see the last xx user photos only.

I would also like to see the last xx photos only into the right menu, but no albums.

Is it not possible to configure this?

Greetings
Joerg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320116 by krileon
Yes, but you'll have a menu parameter conflict with the profile gallery parameters. To avoid this you'll need 2 menu items. It's important they are created in this order.

1. Menu to Profile Gallery UNTOUCHED
2. Menu to Profile Gallery with albums turned off

The first menu item doesn't have to be visible. Verify in a profile gallery tab that the Itemid is that of the first menu item to ensure this is working correctly. Normally for what you're trying to do you'd just use a module, which won't have parameter conflicts.

The parameter conflicts happen because we use the first matching menu item for Itemid. So when you click a album from someones profile it loads the menu parameters, which then override the gallery tab parameters turning off albums and causing your odd situation.

These conflicts won't exist in a future release when centralized gallery management is implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322513 by theartist57
My problem is on an artists website for our art center.

The website is on the Joomla 3.9.24 version and running on PHP 7.3.23.

From a visitor's perspective, everything looks beautiful... visitors can browse through any given artists work, profiles and contact information.

When logged in, the "Add Album" and "New Upload/Link" buttons appear on all artists profiles, and any logged in user can add albums and photos to any artist's profile page.

Went through the settings and can't figure out how to removed these buttons when when logged in and visiting other artists pages.
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #322549 by krileon

and any logged in user can add albums and photos to any artist's profile page.

That should not be possible. Are you sure any user can? If you're logged in with CB Moderator permissions (e.g. your Super Users account) you absolutely can do this and is normal. Please be sure to check with a regular registered user. If a regular user can upload to another users gallery then ensure Moderator View Access Level is set correctly in CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322551 by theartist57
No worries. There was an issue with the global permissions. Figured it out and it now works perfectly!

Thanks much,
Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn