CB gallery link share option

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #320129 by HogeRaad
[#8136] CB gallery link share option was created by HogeRaad
the linkshare option gives errors to al urls that does not end with an extension like .pdf
A lot of urllinks to files do not have the extension at the end of the url anymore beter to do the check
other wise only links like will work "www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/xhtml/testfiles/resources/pdf/dummy.pdf"
and not with "fitbitkopen.nl/download/fitbit-charge-3-handleiding-en/"

How can i remove the link share option so that the user only have the drag and drop option?
I set all the link options to disabled but the link share field is still shown.

Or better for my purpose: Is it possible to remove the (url) check so that i can link to anything? Like google.nl for example.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #320135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery link share option
It works best with an extension in the URL otherwise it has to try and parse the page for that information, which isn't always reliable. Have added a feature ticket to see if this parsing behavior can be improved to more reliably check for attachment headers to parse URLs like that. If you don't want to allow linking to files in CB Gallery simple disable that within CB Gallery > Parameters > TYPE > Create for each Type you want this disabled for. Disable for Photos, Videos, Files, and Music to disable entirely.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8136

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HogeRaad

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #320137 by HogeRaad
Replied by HogeRaad on topic CB gallery link share option

krileon wrote: It works best with an extension in the URL otherwise it has to try and parse the page for that information, which isn't always reliable. Have added a feature ticket to see if this parsing behavior can be improved to more reliably check for attachment headers to parse URLs like that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8136

Great. :cheer:

If you don't want to allow linking to files in CB Gallery simple disable that within CB Gallery > Parameters > TYPE > Create for each Type you want this disabled for. Disable for Photos, Videos, Files, and Music to disable entirely.

I already set it the link option on disabled in the plugin and on the tab settings but it still is shown.
I disabled photo,video and music , enterly and only use files.
Tried it on a different server and joomla installation same result.

Or better for my purpose: Is it possible to remove the (url) check so that i can link to anything? Like google.nl for example.

3 years 8 months ago #320151 by krileon

I already set it the link option on disabled in the plugin and on the tab settings but it still is shown.
I disabled photo,video and music , enterly and only use files.
Tried it on a different server and joomla installation same result.

Are you logged in as a CB Moderator? Moderators are exempt from that parameter and can always link or upload media as long as that media types Create parameter is enabled

No, if you want to allow sharing of URLs use CB Activity and its Links feature. CB Gallery needs to verify it's a valid file and of one of the allowed types as it's meant for media sharing only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #320167 by HogeRaad
Replied by HogeRaad on topic CB gallery link share option
That was it, i was logged in as moderator.

I did not had the idea that the file link really matter, when i change the file link to an website in the database it works.
I want to use it for people`s portfolio some times it is an file sometimes a link splitting it up in gallery and Activity would be confusing.

3 years 8 months ago #320172 by krileon

I did not had the idea that the file link really matter, when i change the file link to an website in the database it works.

Of course that'll work as the display code simply links to the provided URL. Modifying it in database bypasses all of its validation and media parsing behavior. It doesn't validate on display because that would be too slow to do for every linked media file.

I want to use it for people`s portfolio some times it is an file sometimes a link splitting it up in gallery and Activity would be confusing.

That's not the purpose of CB Gallery so no that is not going to be implemented, sorry. It's a media gallery. Not a link sharing plugin. If you want to share links again use Links feature in CB Activity as that's its purpose.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.015 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn