Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

3 years 1 month ago #323685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields
If you need to style the email you will have to do so using inline CSS styles directly in the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323694 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields
No clue how to do this. The email is one single tab placeholder. Why is some formatted then? You can't offer any assistance?

3 years 1 month ago #323695 by krileon

Why is some formatted then?

That's just the plain unstyled HTML you're seeing.

You can't offer any assistance?

No, this doesn't have anything to do with CB. HTML emails are styled using inline CSS and HTML and that's universal no matter what sends it. See the below MDN page regarding CSS structure.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/CSS/First_steps/How_CSS_is_structured#internal_stylesheet

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323700 by Spiralmind
I am more confused about where I would put a CSS style once I figure out what it is?

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323702 by krileon
You'd just add the inline CSS style to the email body at the top. Example as follows.

<style type="text/css">
.redLink {
    color: red;
}
</style>
<a href="#" class="redLink">I should be colored red</a>

The below also works and is typically the recommended approach, but likely not an option for you since you're substituting the entire tab in with its HTML structure already in place.

<a href="#" style="color: red;">I should be colored red</a>

There's tons of resources around the web for creating HTML emails. I suggest just searching a bit. There should be thousands of examples you could work with. There might even be an editor available to generate the HTML structure for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #324092 by Spiralmind
Hello, thank you for all the help on this. I was able to get the label to be bold in the email! Thank you very much.

I see the proposal was marked complete. Thank you for adding this too! Makes it very useful now.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn