Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

2 years 11 months ago #324096 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields
Hello, the redirect I set up only works for me when logged in as superuser. Is there a way to make this work for all logged in users?

Also, the formatting I get in my email client from the inline CSS does not show up in Gmail's webmail interface?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

Hello, the redirect I set up only works for me when logged in as superuser. Is there a way to make this work for all logged in users?

You have the auto action conditioned to only be accessible to moderators. Other users won't fire the auto action at all so it doesn't run and thus won't redirect. I thought this was meant to only be used by moderators? I don't recommend letting other users run that.

Also, the formatting I get in my email client from the inline CSS does not show up in Gmail's webmail interface?

I cannot help you with this. That's entirely on you to format an HTML email. I am not experienced enough with email clients behaviors to provide you an accurate example of styling emails, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324098 by Spiralmind

You have the auto action conditioned to only be accessible to moderators. Other users won't fire the auto action at all so it doesn't run and thus won't redirect. I thought this was meant to only be used by moderators? I don't recommend letting other users run that.

What is the concern of letting a registered user submit this? Only people we add have access. It's not like a Facebook situation where anyone can signup and access this.

I'll look into the Gmail formatting issue.

2 years 11 months ago #324101 by krileon

What is the concern of letting a registered user submit this? Only people we add have access. It's not like a Facebook situation where anyone can signup and access this.

Ah, then it's probably fine. My only concern is it lets you send an email to the user who triggers the auto action about any user they want. If the email contains users information it's a possible privacy issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324102 by Spiralmind
Hello, the tab would not be visible to others. Only admins and that user. So I just need to make the action for registered users too?

2 years 11 months ago #324105 by krileon
You'd need to have an OR condition to ensure it's only accessible to moderators and the users self. The below should work.

Field: Moderators
User: Viewing User
Operator: Is

Now click "Add OR Rows" and add the following condition.

Field: Users
User: Action User
Operator: Is
Users: [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]

That should work to allow the user themselves to use the link or moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn