Activity - Metadata when we post a link of a group GJ

3 years 1 month ago #323393 by Julien04
Ok but I don't try anymore from CB activity.

I saw that all the pages created from a CB link in a menu created the global metadata of the site instead of taking the one put in the metadata option of the CB page.

When i see source code by CTRL + U of a page linked to a CB link in public, the meta description is always that of the global site.

This behavior is created only with CB links.

This is why the description metadata of the CB page does not load in CB activity.

This is why I ask you to create a CB page in public on your side or to control the description of your registration / login page by having modified the meta.

To hide them, I had already purged them but that hadn't changed anything.

I hope to be clearer, it's not easy to express clearly :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323397 by krileon
Looks like the API for outputting metadescription from Joomla menu items on CB pages was broken with the Joomla 4.x compatibility fixes. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8393

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323402 by krileon
CB pages not outputting their menu metadata is now fixed in latest CB build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323406 by Julien04
Great :) it's work well!

Have a nice day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn