Benutzerdefinierte Registerkarten in GroupJive

3 years 1 month ago #323652 by LukyPunco
Custom tabs in GroupJive was created by LukyPunco
I have created a group category "Company" and would like to display a tab for these groups in which contact details and other company data are displayed. But I failed to create a tab for GroupJive. Is it possible somehow??

thanks for your help

Ludwig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323659 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom tabs in GroupJive
Custom tabs and custom fields are not supported in GJ. Best I can suggest is use the CB GroupJive About integration and have them add their company details to that as it allows whatever HTML you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323669 by LukyPunco
Replied by LukyPunco on topic Custom tabs in GroupJive

krileon wrote: Custom tabs and custom fields are not supported in GJ. Best I can suggest is use the CB GroupJive About integration and have them add their company details to that as it allows whatever HTML you like.

OK, that fits. However, it would not be bad to have fields available in the "About" tab similar to those in the user profile that you could easily fill out (address, telephone, etc.) .

Another question: I tried to create a custom tab in my user profile in which only such company pages (i.e. groups that belong to the "Company" category) are displayed, but how can I do it? The "Groups" tab cannot be copied because plug-in tabs cannot be copied. But I would like to have a tab for "Companies" and a tab for all other groups.

3 years 1 month ago #323683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom tabs in GroupJive

OK, that fits. However, it would not be bad to have fields available in the "About" tab similar to those in the user profile that you could easily fill out (address, telephone, etc.) .

It's planned, but not until after CB 3.x and our massive rewrites to CB itself. GJ will have to be rewritten from the ground up to profile profiles that are disconnected from the users profile to best support completely customized fields in groups without duplicating all of our field code.

Another question: I tried to create a custom tab in my user profile in which only such company pages (i.e. groups that belong to the "Company" category) are displayed, but how can I do it? The "Groups" tab cannot be copied because plug-in tabs cannot be copied. But I would like to have a tab for "Companies" and a tab for all other groups.

There's no functionality for that. You can't have multiple groups tabs and that tab can't be filtered to specific groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323709 by LukyPunco
Replied by LukyPunco on topic Benutzerdefinierte Registerkarten in GroupJive

krileon wrote: It's planned, but not until after CB 3.x and our massive rewrites to CB itself. GJ will have to be rewritten from the ground up to profile profiles that are disconnected from the users profile to best support completely customized fields in groups without duplicating all of our field code.

OK

There's no functionality for that. You can't have multiple groups tabs and that tab can't be filtered to specific groups.

Hm, but that's exactly what I would need.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn