[SOLVED] Validate multiple fields during registration

3 years 1 month ago #323815 by fkrauth
Replied by fkrauth on topic Validate multiple fields during registration
Thanks.
I had the field memberid that contains the validation already after firstname and lastname.
Now I moved it to the bottom of the form but still get the same error.

It is really strange. Without these two
AND m.`firstname` = '[firstname]'
AND m.`lastname` = '[lastname]'

the user is saved as it should. Incl. first- and lastname. So the fields should actually be there (as you say).
I will experiment a bit more.

But if you have any further idea, please let me know. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Validate multiple fields during registration
CB Query Field should be populating the validation parsing with that data from POST since they're selected as Additional Fields. That might not be working as expected. Those are core fields though and should always be available regardless though since they're handled before all other fields. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further in future release and see if something could be going wrong with the Additional Fields behavior during storage.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8421

I don't have anything further to suggest at this time. For some reason the query validation is seeing empty values for firstname and lastname.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323823 by fkrauth
Thanks!
I very much appreciate your support!

3 years 4 weeks ago #323858 by fkrauth
Hi Kyle,
I could see that you marked the issue

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8421

as fixed. I updated DB Query with the release from 2021-03-18 but that had no effect. I guess the fix was not included in that build.
Would it be possible to get the plugin with the fix upfront / before official release?

Thanks.

Frank

3 years 4 weeks ago #323864 by krileon
I was not able to find any issues with POST data handling during registration. Only issue I could find was actually with userlists and the searching behavior. I've yet to confirm the issue you're experience so I don't have a fix for that yet or a confirmed bug for such an issue yet.

It should not be possible for firstname and lastname fields to be empty during the registration process and I'm unsure what's causing that in your case. Please PM backend super user credentials and will schedule a review for Monday to try and match your setup and see what could be causing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323927 by krileon
Ok, was able to duplicate and confirm your issue. Am currently investigating to figure out what's causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn