Record subscribers browser and version in profile

3 years 1 month ago #324024 by quartz
The subscribers IP address is recorded in their profile, is it possible to record their last used browser and version?

Our volunteer association has older members and it would help us target who would be affected with a template change.

If it is only a few subscribers I could help them individually to upgrade, if they rarely access the site we can just advise them what we're doing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 weeks ago #324037 by krileon
You should be able to do that using CB Auto Actions as we do make $_SERVER information available as a substitution via [server_VARIABLE] for auto actions. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: onAfterLogin
Type: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Field: YOUR_TEXTAREA_FIELD_HERE
Operator: Set
Value: [server_http_user_agent]

That'll store their last used user agent value to the selected textarea field. It'll include some information regarding their browser and its version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 weeks ago #324055 by quartz
Thanks for your prompt response krileon, I'll read up that documentation and see what I can knock up.

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #324084 by quartz
I watched the first Auto Actions YouTube video "CB Auto Actions Tutorials - 01 - Introduction and our first email action."

Our Community Builder install had the Auto Actions plugin Access Level set to SuperUser by another website administrator who agreed I could change that to Public,

I checked the plugin was published,
Version 8.1.0+build.2021.02.05.19.26.58.bb4d19f92

I created a custom field in Community Builder > Field Management and checked that was published.

Name: cb_lastbrowserver
Title: Browser and Version
Type: text
Tab: statistics

And for Auto Actions set

Global >

Triggers: onAfterLogin
Type: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody

and Action >

Field: cb_lastbrowserver
Operator: Set
Value: [server_http_user_agent]
Translate Value: No
Save Directly: No

But when I clicked 'save and close', I got a "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

Any suggestions on what I could check next?

Our account has the status "Active, expiring on 2021/10/30"

We do have a primary server password to enter the backend on our site to defeat a previous hacker.
When I open our Joomla Administrator shortcut:

[REMOVED]

I am challenged to enter a server password which then allows the usual administrator login page to open.
This has no effect on any other Joomla or CB operation on our website.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324089 by krileon

But when I clicked 'save and close', I got a "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

Your server is blocking the save with mod_security. You'll need to contact your host regarding this. They'll either need to add an exception to the security rules or they're not going to permit you to save something http_user_agent keyword most likely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn