[SOLVED] Users can't edit CB Profile

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325522 by sageman
[SOLVED] Users can't edit CB Profile was created by sageman
Hello there,

I have a site on my hands which had not been correctly updated in years - the Original Site was built in 2016.
My predecessor has run all updates without actually purchasing paid plugins.

I have just done, so the site is up2date:
System Information
Joomla: 3.9.27
Community Builder: 2.6.0
PHP: 7.3.27-1~deb10u1
Database: mysql 5.5.5-10.3.29-MariaDB-0 deb10u1
Package File: 036_plug_cbactivity_5.0.0 build.2021.06.11.15.03.42.9370cca73.zip

All 30 plugins used seem to be in working order, I used CB Tools and syncronized Users and checked databases (all fine).
I did not use the Load the Canvas Layout Button (as I am unsure what it does!).

The result is a CB site which works in the backend only.
In the frontend, a user can login, but the profile page is empty except for the wall images:

Also, the user can't edit any information.
Even when I login as Super Admin, I can't edit anything.

I assume this is a problem with an outdated template, but as I am new to CB and don't want to brea the site even more, I would be happy if someone could give me some pointers where to look next...

Best Regards
Richard
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325523 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users can't edit CB Profile
You've a fatal JS error on frontend breaking the JS on profiles. Switch to default Joomla protostar template, clear Joomla cache, refresh the page, and see if it works then. That'll let you know it's JS coming from your template causing your issue. If issue persists press F12 to open your browsers developer tools, refresh the page, select the Console tab in the developer tools and look for any fatal JS errors (they will be red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sageman

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325525 by sageman
Replied by sageman on topic Users can't edit CB Profile
Thank you!
Yes, there was a conflict with the jQuery Easy System Plugin.

2 years 9 months ago #325529 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users can't edit CB Profile
Ok, it's fine to use jQuery Easy, but you need to turn off CBs jQuery in CB > Configuration > Integrations. Be absolutely sure you're loading jQuery reliably on every page though otherwise you could have random issues with CB JS failing due to jQuery being missing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325532 by sageman
Replied by sageman on topic Users can't edit CB Profile
Yes, that's what I have done - thanks again.
How do I mark this as solved?
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn