Privacy at GJ

2 years 9 months ago #325592 by victoriakim
Privacy at GJ was created by victoriakim
Hi,

The privacy button (post to public, private, connections) at the GroupJive activity stream doesn't seem to work on the onsite notification. For example, when a user posts in a group activity stream using a connection or private button selection, it shows to all group members' onsite notifications.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325595 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy at GJ
Activity privacy doesn't apply to the notifications at this time. The notifications however shouldn't contain any or very little information regarding the post.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8617

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325598 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#8619] Privacy at GJ
Hi victoriakm,
I just tested posting public, private and connections on our demo-site in general profile activity here as the DU demo user, then logging out, they disappear:
demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php

But then I tried inside GroupJive, here:
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-categories/1-community-builder-add-ons/26-cb-template-changer
logging out, Connections messages stay, so that counts as a ... bug!

Bug tracker #8619
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8619

But I could not reproduce the issue with "Private" on our demo site.

Thanks for reporting the Connections bug, and please provide exact steps (like i did in the bug report mentioned and linked above) to reproduce the bug (e.g. on our demo site) that you saw with "Private".

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 9 months ago #325601 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Privacy at GJ
Thanks for the replies!
I am not sure how to reproduce the bug... but the screenshot is attached to show the onsite notification I mentioned. This group post was supposed to be private but other group members receive the notifications.
Hope this helps.

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy at GJ
Yup, that's normal. Activity notifications don't have a system action to check activity privacy. Have added a feature ticket to CB Auto Actions to add such an auto action. Privacy controls for GJ activity posts however doesn't make any sense as the group is meant to control the access so it's possible I'll simply disable that functionality in GJ activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325605 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Privacy at GJ
I also wondered how the private posts work in group settings. However, 'post to connections' in groups can be a valuable tool specifically for my site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds