Auto join group with shared subscription family plan

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #325985 by matthewdavey
The parent/user membership gets a groupjive group called (My Group) by default when the user/parent joined the website with cb subs.

How can I make a auto action that when a new shared subscription is sent and accepted by a member of the example: (family) the new family member is auto joined to the parents groupjive (My Group) group?
Is this possible?

This way the new member with the shared subscription is automatically joined in the parents groupjive (My Group) group.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #325997 by krileon
Auto join using CBSubs GroupJive and it should work fine with family plans. How are you currently forcing them to join a group?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326003 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Auto join group with shared subscription family plan
I must have I can't find where I have an auto join group jive group (MYsamplecommunityGROUP)
on registration because it works on my website.

But this is a free community group that I made new memberships joins this group (MYsamplecommunityGROUP).
NOT the users private ([cb_user][cb_familyname]MY GROUP)

We have to make ([cb_user][cb_familyname]MY GROUP) code to have every new member MAKE a group on registration called ([cb_user][cb_familyname]MY GROUP) with auto actions

I want the new (shared member) to auto join the parent users group jive group ([cb_familyname]MY GROUP) when they accept the invitation
We have to make this auto action?
using CBSubs GroupJive, How is the code written?

Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326019 by krileon
You won't be able to do that using CBSubs GroupJive. You'll probably need to use CB Auto Actions for that and act on the CBSubs Family Plans triggers, which are as follows.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'familyplans_onAfterAcceptSharedSub', array( $this, $user, $subscription ) );
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'familyplans_onAfterDeleteSharedSub', array( $this, $user, $subscription ) );
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'familyplans_onCanAcceptSharedSub', array( &$this, $userId, $subscription ) );
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'familyplans_onBeforeAcceptSharedSub', array( &$this, $user, $subscription ) );

familyplans_onAfterAcceptSharedSub would be what you're use to have them join the group. You'll probably have to use the New Group mode though and set Unique to No and Auto Join to Yes in the CB GroupJive auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326030 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Auto join group with shared subscription family plan
Can you explain a bit more detail please I have see attached

Thanks

Can I make a auto join a particular group when a user joins with cb connects?
What would be the code?

Thanks
Attachments:

2 years 7 months ago #326035 by matthewdavey
I have an auto join group jive group (MYsampleGROUP)
on registration because it works on my website.
But this is a free community group NOT the users private (MY GROUP)

I want the new (shared member) to auto join the parent users group jive group (MY GROUP) when they accept the invitation
We have to make this auto action?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn