SQL syntax

2 years 7 months ago #326251 by matthewdavey
SQL syntax was created by matthewdavey
I have a BIG problem I get

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND created_by=7' at line 1

when I try to add an article ?
I think I picked up the bug from coping the C Builder comprofiler tables from another website?

It's happening to many of my websites its a big problem.
Is there a step by step guide to explain the fix?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SQL syntax

Where? In Joomla content management component? Frontend article create? CB has nothing to do with article create queries.

I think I picked up the bug from coping the C Builder comprofiler tables from another website?

I don't see how CBs database tables could have anything to do with this.

Suggest checking what 3rd party extensions you've installed in Extensions > Plugins and try unpublishing them 1 by 1 until issue resolves. Only way I can see CB causing this is if you added custom behavior on Joomlas content events using CB Auto Actions and there's an issue in your auto action or if this was during usage of CB Blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewdavey

2 years 7 months ago #326261 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic SQL syntax
Why do you say
there's an issue in your auto action or if this was during usage of CB Blogs

OK what made you pin point (during usage of CB Blogs?) Im just trying to find the problem

Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326268 by beat
Replied by beat on topic SQL syntax
Hi,

Kyle worte 1 question, 1 statement, 1 suggestion, and another guess-suggestion. Last two suggestions where in the same paragraph:

krileon wrote:

1 question: Where? In Joomla content management component? Frontend article create? CB has nothing to do with article create queries.

1 statement: I don't see how CBs database tables could have anything to do with this.

1 suggestion: Suggest checking what 3rd party extensions you've installed in Extensions > Plugins and try unpublishing them 1 by 1 until issue resolves.

1 guess-suggestion: Only way I can see CB causing this is if you added custom behavior on Joomlas content events using CB Auto Actions and there's an issue in your auto action or if this was during usage of CB Blogs.

So:
- without enough information (see question), it's difficult to guess the issue.
- as he stated: CB and our add-ons don't not have such a SQL statement part in them.
- So as he suggested and guess-suggested: it is either a 3rd party extension doing it, or a SQL query in a configuration on your site.
- As he guess-suggested: IF you use CB Auto-Action and have a SQL query action in it, it's the only place where it could be done.
- as he suggested: the best way to find out from where this comes is to turn off 3rd party extensions one by one.

I'm adding a third suggestion: Turn Joomla Site Debug ON in Joomla's global configuration, it will give you a backtrace of where that buggy query was made.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 6 months ago #326567 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic SQL syntax
Is there any way to console log the button action when I try to add an article ?

Thanks

2 years 6 months ago #326573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SQL syntax
Ensure Joomla debug mode is enabled and error reporting set to maximum. Next within Extensions > Plugins ensure the debug extension is published. Retry and see if Joomlas debug output at the bottom of the page provides any hints. The only thing we have that directly queries Joomla content database table with a created_by condition is CB Articles and CB Blogs, but those queries are only relevant on your profile.

My guess is you've a 3rd party plugin in Extensions > Plugins trying to add some sort of custom behavior to Joomla content. Recommend temporarily unpublishing 3rd party content related plugins 1 by 1 to try and find it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewdavey

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds