Baskets not timning out ?

2 years 1 month ago #328779 by rbuelund
Baskets not timning out ? was created by rbuelund
I have theese settings for basket timeout in CBSubs

but several users have experienced (maybe after aborting the payment or because of an credit card error) that they cannot try to pay again even after several days, and they get the error "Order ID allready in use" when they try to pay with Quickpay

Today I can see this basket is still there - should it not time out/be removed automatically after an hour ??

Do I really have to remove those baskets manually - that is not very smart ??
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Baskets not timning out ?
I've no idea what the status says since it's not in English, but looks like it's stuck in a Pending state due to their payment method failing at Quickpay? They can cancel the basket themselves from the baskets page, does that not work for them? Do you have any notifications in CBSubs > Notifications indicating why it failed? The order id already in use error is a Quickpay error; they don't allow re-using order id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328797 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Baskets not timning out ?
The status says "Not initiated" - the rason is: subscr_failed Rejected By Acquirer

It is possible that the user can cancel the basket upon failing, but if so they do not do it - so it might not be intuitive that one has to do that upon a failed transaction... so every time this happens we have to manually remove the basket, so that the user can try and pay again.

2 years 1 month ago #328808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Baskets not timning out ?
The acquirer (payment processor) rejected the payment. Quickpay doesn't release the order id in this case so the basket needs to be completely cancelled and regenerated. I don't have a solution for this beyond them clicking the cancel link at the bottom and retrying.

Normally a order, or payment, shouldn't be locked in when there's a refusal. Other payment providers do not do this. So we don't have a built in solution for this strange behavior Quickpay does. I've added a feature ticket to see if we can automatically cancel, regenerate, then redisplay the basket when this happens but am unsure of how well that'll work at this time.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8887

A basket in a "Not initiated" state should be expiring though. It's strange that it's not. That usually only happens if it's in a Pending state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn