Does cb_video field support Youtube Shorts? [Solved]

2 years 1 week ago #329163 by jakeatencio
Does cb_video field support Youtube Shorts? was created by jakeatencio
I am having an issue with a Youtube Shorts. Other youtube links that users have posted are working. I checked the database and the link is stored properly in the field. I have tried with and without the "?feature=share" part of the link. Would it possibly be the vertical format of the video?

The link is - youtube.com/shorts/FbjUzXw9W0Q?feature=share

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 week ago #329170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Does cb_video field support Youtube Shorts?
It does not have parsing for YouTube shorts URLs, but seams easy enough to add. The embed code is all the same regardless of it being a short or not. Have added a feature ticket to implement support for this in Video fieldtypes and in CB Gallery.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8927
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8928

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 week ago #329171 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Does cb_video field support Youtube Shorts?
Ok, YouTube shorts are now supported in GJ Videos and CB Gallery plugins. They'll be supported in CB video fields once the change is merged. They'll be supported in CB Activity in 6.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 week ago #329176 by jakeatencio
Thanks. I appreciate the superior support.

2 years 1 week ago #329184 by krileon
YouTube shorts are now also supported in Video field type in latest CB build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn