Please suggest me a gallery to use with CB 1.3.1

13 years 3 months ago #151177 by rebreanu
Hello. Since Gallery Tab by Armin Hornung can not be installed anymore on CB 1.3.1, please suggest me another option (I'm still googleing for one but a good recommendation is what I need right now). I have installed CB Gallery but, unfortunately, it is below my current needs. I need, let's say, something similar to gallery used on face***k web site.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151182 by krileon
The best I can suggest is as what is found at Joomla.org extension directory. I recommend CB ProfileGallery, but as stated is not up to your standards (we're open to suggestions, what do you need?).

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-pictures

Alternatively you could use an extension specifically designed for photo gallery usage which would be more in line with professional galleries and likely offer the features you're wanting. This does not necessarily mean they'll have a profile tab to display their images, but you certainly could develop a plugin to do so.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/photo-gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151251 by rebreanu
Thank you Kyle for your quick answer. You do your job professionally.

For my current needs, the CB Gallery plugin must have the following:
1- Albums (maxim number of albums set by admin)
2 - First Picture, Previous, Next, Last Picture links for viewing photos.
3 - Each user can (not a must yet, but can be) have his own photo directory.
4 - Mass photo upload (the maxim number of pictures set by admin) Also, the user can mass upload his photos no matter how big they are (if they have bandwidth, no problem), the server image application mass re-size all photos to a predefined size (e.g. 800x600 if the photo is 4:3 ratio), then the image application on server deletes the originals and leave the re-sized ones in places (in order for me to save bandwidth and storage space on server).
5 - The possibility to use Amazon S3 service a must.
6 - Photo title/name must not be required on upload.
7 - Some privacy settings are welcomed also.

Average Joe, after years of practicing, finally learned to browse pictures fa****ok style!
I hope my users will be better than Average Joe, but never knows.

I can pay 70 euro or more for SIMGallery but if something goes wrong on my site, I must ask you for support, then ask Simbunch for support. You give answers very prompt and accurate, but are they? I prefer to PAY MUCH, but to have FULL FUNCTIONALITY in just one place, and this place to be JOOMLAPOLIS!

13 years 3 months ago #151275 by krileon
I see, your needs would require a complete re-write of the gallery plugin which I do not foresee happening in the near future. We've plans to extend the plugin further, but for the time being our plans are to focus on CB 2.0.

Believe you'd be more comfortable with a extension designed for image gallery usage then a simple gallery plugin. I've only personal experience with PhocaGallery, while good probably does not have all the features you are needing. Primarily the Amazon S3 support would be the most difficult to find as personally never heard of it.

There are many free extensions on Joomla.org for gallery management; perhaps having to readjust your needs would be necessary? I unfortunately can not speak for other developers support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn