Invites Plugin - Mail Layout

13 years 2 months ago #152288 by axess
Invites Plugin - Mail Layout was created by axess
I installed Invites plugin and I sent the first invitation. The mail that arrives to the invited person is without any graphics.
How and where (in which file) would be possible to enter a code to have a border, background and possibly some margins in the mail that arrives to the person invited?
I mean, for example, can we apply a class to a div with borders, margins and background that will be maintained in the mail that arrives? Where, in what file?.
Thanks for an answer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152379 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Invites Plugin - Mail Layout
What release are you using? What CB version? Joomla version? Have you ran Tools within CB Invites? Have you checked CB Invites configuration to ensure HTML mode is used? If HTML mode is enabled you can include HTML within your invites.

You can not apply a class, only inline styles (an email isn't going to load your CSS files). If you include images the images need to be live site such as www.example.com/images/logo.png and NOT images/logo.png.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152776 by axess
Replied by axess on topic Re: Invites Plugin - Mail Layout
Hi,

Invites and CB latest version. Joomla 1.5. Everything above done.
Putting the code in the Invites settings (header and footer), I could get an e-mail as you con see in attachment.
I would just add a background color and border to the whole.
This seems not possible, in settings.
In which file can I do it?

Also, the email request for connection is no graphics (see attachment)
In which file can I modify the code to have a minimum of layout?

Thanks for an answer.
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #152780 by krileon

In which file can I do it?

Don't understand, you just stated you accomplished what you wanted. You can't add a background to the entire invite without adding the HTML to do so. There's no setting to add a background (and none planned).

Also, the email request for connection is no graphics (see attachment)

Connection requests don't support HTML and is entirely controlled by CB API and not the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152791 by axess
Replied by axess on topic Re: Invites Plugin - Mail Layout
In fact I wanted to know whether and in what file I can insert a html code in order to have a background and a border in the mail, since in the setting is not possible.

About the mail that requires a connection, I can not change it in any way?
In no file you can insert or change the code? For example, if I wanted to enter the avatar of the user next to his name?

Thanks again for a new answer.

13 years 2 months ago #152810 by krileon

In fact I wanted to know whether and in what file I can insert a html code in order to have a background and a border in the mail, since in the setting is not possible.

The email function is within the Class file of CB Invites. You can edit as you see fit, but I don't recommend doing so.

About the mail that requires a connection, I can not change it in any way?
In no file you can insert or change the code? For example, if I wanted to enter the avatar of the user next to his name?

You'd need to adjust CBs core responsible for adding connections to allow the connection emails to support HTML. This can be changed within comprofiler.class.php within the class cbConnection.

I don't recommend making core edits, do so at ones own risk. Please keep in mind on upgrade you will lose all core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn